cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pg279qz

vroom
Level 7
Can anyone provide clear and correct info on this monitor?

This is what I have been receiving from Asus Tech Support. It is quite an entertaining chain but I will spare the hilarity of the two dozen plus emails I have exchange simply trying to figure out just what the difference is between the PG279Q and PG279QZ.

Latest response is at the top. All I am trying to figure out is if it uses a different panel.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Thank you for your response to ASUS product support, my name is John S.

I appreciate your patience and for giving us time to come up with a resolution for your case.

The LCD will be available at Amazon.
PG279Q and PG279QZ are identical.

Please let me if additional assistance is needed. Thank you for choosing ASUS. Your case number is: N1811125674.

Sincerely,
John S
ASUS Product Support

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Thank you for contacting ASUS product support. My name is John S.

I sincerely apologize for the inconvenience and for the long wait for an update. I assure you that we are working diligently in resolving this case for you as our goal is to provide you with the best possible experience with our products.

The new PG279QZ uses IPS (In-Plane Switching) instead of TN panel
PG279QR uses TN panel.

The PG279QZ will have richer viewing angle and contrast.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Thank you for your response to ASUS product support, my name is Adam P and I do hope you are having a great day.

I appreciate you taking the time to update us. I do apologize if we haven't meet the expectations that you have for our service, Because of your feedback, we have reviewed and have taken steps to ensure that we will provide better service. Yes you were right about that, and I would like to clarify that QZ is a newer version than the QR.

Should you need additional assistance, it will be my pleasure to assist you again. Thank you for choosing ASUS. Your case number is N181182452.

Regards,
Adam P.

ASUS Product Support
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thank you for your response to ASUS Product Support. This Neil S. and I am returning your response for a supervisor contact. I'll be more than happy to assist you.

I am here to give you a follow up about your escalation case. The major differences are that the PG279QZ is the 4ms response time vs PG279QR 1ms, no 3D tech support for PG279QZ.

Please let me know if you have any other queries and I'll make sure to reply as soon as possible.
Once again, thank you for choosing ASUS Products and Services.
2 REPLIES 2

rchiwawa
Level 7
I gotta bump this since I am curious myself. I just ordered it up on the hopes that it is very similar to my PG279Q already in service.

rchiwawa wrote:
I gotta bump this since I am curious myself. I just ordered it up on the hopes that it is very similar to my PG279Q already in service.

The QZ are now live on Amazon. These monitors should be made with the new panels and as to what the actual differences are good luck getting that info from tech support. I'm cautiously optimistic the QC issues have been sorted!