cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BIOS 1103 for CH7 wifi breaks iCue's control of my Corsair Vengeance Pro memory

bkgolden
Level 7
Like the title says, Corsair iCUE no longer detects my Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro (CMW16GX4M2C3200C16). The memory works great with tighter timings, just the RGB functionality is broken with the new BIOS.
23 REPLIES 23

Stalkholm
Level 7
I'm having problems in iCUE too, but mine have been with my h150i cooler, which keeps connecting and disconnecting. I made a post about it in the official CH7 UEFI BIOS thread, but I'll post it here, too.

----

Since I updated to the 1103 BIOS on my CHVII I've been having a lot of problems with my Corsair h150i AIO disconnecting and reconnecting.

I'm running Corsair iCUE software to control fans and such, which could be the cause, or just part of, the problem.

Specifically I'm having problems with this USB hub:

* Device Name: Port_#0013.Hub_#0001
* Device Mfg: (Standard USB Host Controller)
* Driver Description: Unknown USB Device (Device Descriptor Request Failed)
* Driver InfSection: BADDEVICE.Dev.NT
* Instance ID: USB\VID_0000&PID_0002\6&20381000&0&13
* Driver Version: 10.0.17763.1
* Driver InfPath: usb.inf
* Capabilities: Removable, SilentInstall, RawDeviceOK

Disabling the USB hub stops the constant reconnecting.... but leaves me unable to control my h150i and connected fans with Corsair's iCUE software.

I tried disabling USB selective suspend on all my USB hubs, and also went through to disable "Allow Windows to turn this off to save power" for the hubs and Corsair devices, but that didn't solve the problem.

I don't know what other information you might need that could be helpful. If you let me know I'll try to get that info to you.

Unless someone can suggest either troubleshooting or a way to get more debugging data, I'll probably be rolling my BIOS back this evening, so hit me up with advice if you've got any!

I have the H150i also and haven't had any issues since the bios update. Maybe uninstall icue and reinstall again.

I used a NZXT internal USB hub to connect Corsair Commander Pro and my h115i Pro. Either the hub or the internal motherboard usb header is bad, because I would get similar iCUE reconnect issues. I ended up removing the hub and routing the Commander Pro USB cable outside the case and plugged it into an external port. No more reconnect issues with iCUE.

Because of my memory issue, I ended up rolling back the BIOS to 1002.

bkgolden wrote:
Because of my memory issue, I ended up rolling back the BIOS to 1002.

For all it's worth (now that you've already rerouted all your cables) the USB re/connecting issue seems to be isolated to BIOS 1103 (at least in my case), so if you wanted to un-reroute all of your stuff you do have that option. 'course there's no saying whether the next BIOS will solve the problem or leave it in, since it seems like only a handful of us are having issues with this update...

Is it normal that only a few of us are having problems while nobody else does? I thought our motherboards were all essentially identical, shouldn't this be an all or nothing sort of deal, either everybody has problems or no one does? The infrequency of problems makes me worry that my mobo might be borked.

Yeah, I'm not sure. I only mentioned that I didn't have any problems with the same/similar hardware in hopes that it might help someone else narrow down their issue.

I've got the same issue with the 1103 BIOS and my Vengeance Pro memory. Thankfully I'm not suffering the disconnecting USB issues.

Same here:D

Same here. 😕

they just released an iCue update. Perhaps that will help/fix things.