cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Please Add XMP settings in the BIOS (Zephyrus M GM501GM)

Astralsparks
Level 7
I bought ram stick which says it supported 2666MHz, and turns out it requires XMP profile enabled to do so. I checked in BIOS there is no XMP settings whatsoever.
I would be glad if ASUS enable this settings in the upcoming BIOS update. (I thought this settings is pretty standard for BIOS nowadays)

ASUS representatives/mod, Please if you read this, convey this proposal to the engineering team.

Thank you.
6 REPLIES 6

davemon50
Level 11
Don't you have Turbogear in the Gaming Center? That should do it for you.
Not sure about your BIOS settings, your manual doesn't say too much.
Davemon50

davemon50 wrote:
Don't you have Turbogear in the Gaming Center? That should do it for you.
Not sure about your BIOS settings, your manual doesn't say too much.

I don't see turbogear settings in my gaming center

Thanks for your concern.

xeromist
Astralsparks wrote:
I thought this settings is pretty standard for BIOS nowadays

On desktops yes, not necessarily with laptops. Many laptops have limited BIOS settings as they are generally not intended for tweaking and overclocking. Always check the manual to see what is supported before purchasing upgrades.

I agree it would be nice to have more control but I wouldn't expect to get it. If you are still within the return window I would return that memory and get something cheaper as it's unlikely you'll be able to use it at the rated speed.
A bus station is where a bus stops. A train station is where a train stops. On my desk, I have a work station…

xeromist wrote:
On desktops yes, not necessarily with laptops. Many laptops have limited BIOS settings as they are generally not intended for tweaking and overclocking. Always check the manual to see what is supported before purchasing upgrades.

I agree it would be nice to have more control but I wouldn't expect to get it. If you are still within the return window I would return that memory and get something cheaper as it's unlikely you'll be able to use it at the rated speed.

Ahh I see... yes I do still hope for the XMP updates but I won't rely on it. In the meantime I will try to contact my ram distributor and see if I can return and change it.

I consider my thread is closed, Thank you.

davemon50
Level 11
It's a shame they didn't offer Turbogear for your laptop, or at least not yet. They advertise the laptop with higher speeds. They don't have the BIOS speed settings for mine either, but I am able to use Turbogear to overclock the RAM, which is why it seems surprising you don't have such a utility. I looked all through the downloads for your laptop and don't see it anywhere.
Davemon50

JustinThyme
Level 13
laptop ram wont get past 2400 Mhz no matter what you do.

“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity, I'm not sure about the former” ~ Albert Einstein