cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ROG 3 Fan Strix 2080 TI vs the Dual Fan TI OC Edition?

Emig5m
Level 8
Can someone verse on the difference between the two and why one would pick one over the other? I want the best performance while having the quietest dBa from the fans spinning as possible. The dual fan OC edition has a boost clock of 1650 MHz same as the ROG 011G Strix.....but.... what's the real difference between the two? I can go get the dual fan non ROG version now, but the triple fan Strix is out of stock. Any compelling reason to hold off for the triple fan Strix to become available? BTW, I currently have a ROG Strix 1080 GTX OC (non TI) and game at 1440p on a 144Hz Gsync monitor.... Am I going to notice a good boost in performance if I'm getting 90fps in a certain game @1440p and targeting 120fps+?
4 REPLIES 4

Emig5m
Level 8
A little research shows me that the two fan version runs hotter (doesn't have as good of a heatsink) and had some quality control problems (cards dying in about a month of use) hence maybe the reason that one is still in stock (nobody wants it) and the ROG is sold out. I think I'll wait for the ROG three fan version.

panzlock
Level 12
The ROG Strix will have more features such as additional fan headers, RGB, etc...

Overclocking on the Strix will be superior given the beefier heat sink and three fan layout.
I'd like to deploy my troops in her country.

Emig5m
Level 8
Is there any idea when they'll be back in stock?

Emig5m wrote:
Is there any idea when they'll be back in stock?

They come and go in and out frequently. They sell out fast.

If you are in the USA take a look at Now In Stock website. It can be helpful.

Side note, the Strix would be worth it for the cooler card and extra features, in my opinion.