Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Z390e VGA led after start

vgerg88
Level 7
Hi
Ihave a brand new strix z390e mobo.
after a start (especially a cold start) i have no signal on screen in BIOS and POST phase i got only signal on the windows login screen and the white led on the mobo (means VGA problem) light. But i not detect any problem in windows and games. Just this led light.
When i restart the system or turn it off and on everything goes fine... i have BIOS, POST screen and no lighting led.

Somebody can help me what's the problem? its very anoying and confusing 😕
Checked all of the cabels and everything good.

My spec: asus strix z390e
intel core i7 8700k
corsair vengeance 2x16gb ddr4 3200mhz
strix geforce gtx 1080ti
coolermaster v1000 1000w psu
5 REPLIES 5

HiVizMan
Level 40
Is your bios set to defaults?

Save your bios settings if you have made ANY changes and reflash your bios. I wonder if there is a bit of a barrier for hardware communication during the initial handshake by the UEFI. A bios flash should resolve that if it is the case. Use the USB port at the back of the board and the bios flashback method please.
To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.

I aready refeshd the BIOS for the newest version yesterday night. and i didn't do any changes in the BIOS. the problem still but i think rarely.
I just need to ignore this? or it will be a greater problem?

Silent_Scone
Super Moderator
Are you using Display Port? Potentially a cable issue.
13900KS / 8000 CAS36 / ROG APEX Z790 / ROG TUF RTX 4090

Yes i use display port but i don't think it cause the lighting led on the mobo.

I have the same "issue" everything works fine as far as I can tell, but that VGA LED is on 😄