cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

please help me

Retired
Not applicable
i bought my son this laptop for xmas...
today it turns on but the keyboard n screen are not lighting up.
the only keys that r lit up r the power button, the 3 buttons to the left, n the front little light bulb.
they wont light off if i push them...
when i turn on the laptop the keyboard will light up for a couple of secs only
the screen is black black black.... nothing...
what it might be even more challenging is me trying to understand computer language...
so it would be AMAZING if there is anyone brave enough to explain to me how to fix this problem with the least amount of technical big boy/girl words
thank you !!:confused:
5 REPLIES 5

XZEMi
Level 7
Try removing the battery and the power adapter. It sounds like a screen problem may exist does it beep? What brand is it? Move the laptop to a known working outlet recheck the power cables let it sit to charge for an hour and try to start it again with it plugged in. If still nothing then I would definately return it for a defective screen or mainboard. Also try to run it plugged in with the battery removed if it works then you have a battery problem more than likely.

Check your bios version (tap the F2 key on start up). Check Asus web site for latest bios or use use use asus live update.

thereturnfc
Level 7
please explain more clearly

Bastian
Level 7
If you hold down the F2 key when you first start the computer, does a screen come up with BIOS settings? or do you just a black sceen? If you just get a black screen then it will need to be sent in for service. If you get a bios setting screen then I would try restarting the computer and hold down the F8 key to see if you can get into Windows Safe mode and try to restore your computer to an earlier time. You might want to have someone with computer experence take a look at it before sending it in for service because it will be several weeks before you get it back.

blackangelpr
Level 7
hum... whenever windows loads up completely then have you ever press the "Fn" Button its located on the lower left corner and "F4" at the upper left corner? all of those number from F1 -> F12 with the Fn button pressed are Sub-Functions of the computer...

its very basic but i do not know your level of computer literacy so start by doing that if not you could find the driver at the ASUS home page; i hope this helps
Respectfully,

BlackAngelPR
PR Battle Field Bad Company 2 Team