cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

difference between z370 tuf plus gaming & z370 tuf plus gaming II ??????

URIZEN
Level 7
question's in the title

there's two z370 boards, both "Tuf" both "gaming plus" version, one is version I & the other is version II - what's the difference?

I know the II version is already compatibel with 9th gen CPUs (without bios update) but what's the PHYSICAL differences?

second question: how come there's no windows 8 drivers for the II version?

plus gaming has drivers for 7, 8 & 10

but plus gaming II only has drivers for 7 & 10, not 8 - WTF???
12 REPLIES 12

HiVizMan
Level 40
LOL maybe that is the difference the Win8 support.

Mate looking at the spec page there are some minor differences listed for storage for example. And of course the Intel 9th gen as you mentioned.

1 x M.2 Socket 3*2, , with M key, type 2242/2260/2280/22110 storage devices support (SATA & PCIE 3.0 x 4 mode)

And it looks different cosmetically.

As to the Os support I have no idea - wonder if the drivers for the other board work on the II version?
To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.

URIZEN
Level 7
ok

btw I notice none of the "tuf" boards of this generation have bios flashback option?

so if a flash goes wrong then board is bricked & user is f---ed? not very high end board for a so call "durable" board that a simple bios problem can brick for good lol

HiVizMan
Level 40
Not had that many TUF boards go tits up to be honest. It is one of the most robust boards that ASUS make. For sure it has less bells and whistles than some but you do have a bios recovery option. It is called CrashFree Bios 3. Basically you can restore your shipping bios using the motheboard support DVD or USB flash drive that came with the mobo if your bios gets messed up and you are stuck.
To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.

URIZEN
Level 7
ok I didn't know crashfree was for that (I thought it was just for bios resetting to default after a bad overclock setting that prevents boot)
so it's similer to Msi's M-flash then

ok one more thing what about the phases? this one only has 8 phases

so if you put an 8 core like the 9700k that would be only 8 phases to deal with all 8 cores wont that put a LOT of strain on the VRMs? could burn them off or something (a "tough" board should have tons of phases just look at the Maximus ones: that means Maximus is tougher then Tuf?)

URIZEN wrote:
ok I didn't know crashfree was for that (I thought it was just for bios resetting to default after a bad overclock setting that prevents boot)
so it's similer to Msi's M-flash then

ok one more thing what about the phases? this one only has 8 phases

so if you put an 8 core like the 9700k that would be only 8 phases to deal with all 8 cores wont that put a LOT of strain on the VRMs? could burn them off or something (a "tough" board should have tons of phases just look at the Maximus ones: that means Maximus is tougher then Tuf?)

i have a tuf gaming plus z390 with 9900k @ 5ghz and is doing just fine

HiVizMan
Level 40
You will not have any problems with the phase count at all. Unless of course you plan on going LN2 cooling and running your CPU at 6.8GHz for 24 hours solid. Then maybe I would suggest the Maximus Extreme version. 😄

saddameu wrote:
i have a tuf gaming plus z390 with 9900k @ 5ghz and is doing just fine
but yours a z390 not z370 maybe it has more phases?

HiVizMan wrote:
You will not have any problems with the phase count at all. Unless of course you plan on going LN2 cooling and running your CPU at 6.8GHz for 24 hours solid. Then maybe I would suggest the Maximus Extreme version. 😄
no n one of this I won't even overclock - but remember this is a z370 board originally not ment for octocores - so how do we know if the phases can handle an octocore after bios update?
remember, only 8 phases!

HiVizMan
Level 40
I do understand Urizen it will be fine.

You do not need to worry.

URIZEN
Level 7
how do TUF series compare to Maximus in *durability* only? (lifespan)

Maximus has Nexfet mosfets wich is suppose to be the toughest but no info on the TUF boards wich mosfets they use so weve to assume those mosfets are inferior to the Maximus - but Tuf is suppose to be the toughest so it contradicts this...