Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Quote Originally Posted by liviu_a2003 View Post
    Hi,

I will do the test. The problem with the BIOS update is that is not so easy return to the previous version.

http://www.rgstuff.ro/cum-aducem-bio...une-mai-veche/

(use the automatically translate from Chrome to translate in EN)

I also checked the American Megatrends page but at least for EU countries they said to discuss with the producer of the laptop.
    How you probable saw, Asus support are some unprofessional guys.
    Did you try to downgrade the BIOS to 307?
    Do you find other BIOS Versions Below?

I see this forum: http://forum.notebookreview.com/thre...05107/page-122

I tried remove drivers using DDU, and reinstal Nvidia Driver with this guy indicated, (417.01 -> 25.21.14.1722), but my GPU work only eco mode(readonly).

I also tried downgrade of bios to 306 and 307 Version, but my keyboard and GPU continue not working.

Liviu, Any news? You managed to pack your notebook

New ROGer Array

Quote Originally Posted by thwyster1 View Post
    Liviu, Any news? You managed to pack your notebook
    I, too, lost my keyboard. All the keys were mapped wrong and random, while USB keyboards and logitech unifying wireless keyboard work. Have tried resetting BIOS, fresh installing 1803, reinstalling chipset/mei/atk/precision touchpad/104102keyboard and never resolved the issue

Worse over, I took the 512GB SM961 out to use in another system, and now the BIOS and system will not recognize any storage device. I've booted windows off a USB, booted setup to look for the partiion, flashed bios, ensured it was set to ahci and secure boot in different states, etc. No luck.

When you contact Asus support, presumably you're out of your warranty? I bought my comp in january 2019 but still have yet to contact ASUS. Do they not offer you RMA??

Quote Originally Posted by CHUWANT View Post
    I, too, lost my keyboard. All the keys were mapped wrong and random, while USB keyboards and logitech unifying wireless keyboard work. Have tried resetting BIOS, fresh installing 1803, reinstalling chipset/mei/atk/precision touchpad/104102keyboard and never resolved the issue

Worse over, I took the 512GB SM961 out to use in another system, and now the BIOS and system will not recognize any storage device. I've booted windows off a USB, booted setup to look for the partiion, flashed bios, ensured it was set to ahci and secure boot in different states, etc. No luck.

When you contact Asus support, presumably you're out of your warranty? I bought my comp in january 2019 but still have yet to contact ASUS. Do they not offer you RMA??
    I ended up buying a sample model with only 3 months warranty, finished in August, and in October we had the release of that evil bios that spoiled the keyboard, your video card still working ?? my GFX1080 no longer works at its maximum performance.

New ROGer Array

Sorry for the late response.

Since late Feb, I've let the Zephyrus sit on the shelf. 3 months with the CMOS battery and main battery disconnected...(shrug i can dream)

Finally today, Idecided to buy a Samsung EVO Plus 970 512gb SSD to get this machine operable. Keyboard is still mismapped and erratic in BIOS and Windows. But i haven't installed any drivers or allowed for any updates in Windows. I don't even have my dang wireless network adapter driver installed.

I decided to install Windows 10 1511 on a longshot dreamand something that i read whilst scouring the internet

Did you ever get your keyboard back to normal? I'll post again tonight or tomorrow. ..

Quote Originally Posted by thwyster1 View Post
    I ended up buying a sample model with only 3 months warranty, finished in August, and in October we had the release of that evil bios that spoiled the keyboard, your video card still working ?? my GFX1080 no longer works at its maximum performance.

Unhappy

Quote Originally Posted by CHUWANT View Post
    Sorry for the late response.

Since late Feb, I've let the Zephyrus sit on the shelf. 3 months with the CMOS battery and main battery disconnected...(shrug i can dream)

Finally today, Idecided to buy a Samsung EVO Plus 970 512gb SSD to get this machine operable. Keyboard is still mismapped and erratic in BIOS and Windows. But i haven't installed any drivers or allowed for any updates in Windows. I don't even have my dang wireless network adapter driver installed.

I decided to install Windows 10 1511 on a longshot dreamand something that i read whilst scouring the internet

Did you ever get your keyboard back to normal? I'll post again tonight or tomorrow. ..
    Unfortunately no, I filed a lawsuit against asus, at least trying to get back the money I paid, since the keyboard and video card problem came from poorly tested software / firmware and was released globally

New ROGer Array

Answer from Asus Customer Support

Dear Mihai,

My name is Paul and it is my pleasure to help you with the issue.
    Please feel free to rate our service according to the solution provided in the questionnaire that will be sent to you shortly after our reply to your inquiry.

Since the warranty can be claimed only with the proof of purchase, if you no longer have it, the device will be repaired out of warranty.

Should you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to get back in touch with us.
    We hope that the given information will be useful and we wish you a great day.

Best Regards,
    Paul

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2