cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

USB 3 speeds very slow on strix z370-e

evan326
Level 7
Hello, I'm having some trouble with the speeds on my usb 3 transfers. Initially the transfer will start at about 80MB/s then it plummets down to less than 10MB/s. This is if I'm transferring to my 5400rpm drive, or my fast nvme m.2 drive. I've tried uninstalling the driver, with no fix.
I'm on windows 10 with latest updates. I understand advertised speeds are almost never achieved, but 10mb speeds is ridiculous.
5 REPLIES 5

HiVizMan
Level 40
The USB drive you have is it USB 3 or USB 2? I was sold a flash drive that claimed it was USB3 and never got close to what I was expecting, took it back and it turned out to be USB2 not USB3.
To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.

Silent_Scone
Super Moderator
Would need to know what the external device is (make and model, pen or HDD etc).
13900KS / 8000 CAS36 / ROG APEX Z790 / ROG TUF RTX 4090

It is applying to anything I'm transferring via usb3 The main thing I'm using is a transcend usb3.0 card reader on a sandisk extreme microsd. I use the card for my action camera. I've had speeds hovering around 90MB/s moving 15gb+ videos from this drive in the past. I'm not sure what's changed. I've checked the power options and everything.

JustinThyme
Level 13
Have you changed your BCLCK from 100Mhz?

“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity, I'm not sure about the former” ~ Albert Einstein

I have playing around, but it's at 100 and has been for a while.