cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ROG or Sabertooth

GamerGirlAlice
Level 7
i know this is a ROG forum but im really wondering if i would benefit from a ROG. im not a overclocker but do enjoy a few games in eye candy mode (All features on). im a saver multitasker and multimedia encoding buff. so im wondering if the Sabertooth 990fx be a good platform for a girl like me. like i said i know ROG kicks ass, but im not a hard core gameer or overclocker. id just run stock with come extra case fans for keeping it cool. so love some opinions on this and ty in advance.

edit: i like the Crosshair V Formula for the 8 pwm fan headers. i have a corsair 800d with 7 case fans. so it be awsome for that. do they even make 140mm pwm fans that would benefit from the extra pwms

NZXT Pink Phantom

AliceP.com
ChrisRayMemorial.com

14 REPLIES 14

DaemonCantor
Level 13
Yes GamerGirlAlice, they do make 140's in PWM look here: http://www.xoxide.com/140mm.html, As to Motherboard, Both Platforms are really good but with your computing habits I'm leaning towards the Sabertooth. Yes I do a lot of other things with my system but I picked the Motherboard because I do a lot of gaming also when I did my research the Crosshair IV Formula had everything I wanted. Just do your research first and then pick. I won't hold it against you if you got a Sabertooth.

X-ROG
Level 15
Generally speaking: Buy what you need to perform the functions you require.

The Crosshair has Fan Xpert software, but the Sabertooth will have Thermal Radar software and more detection points, so if you're really tweaking your fan setup you can use that as well: http://event.asus.com/2011/mb/TUF/TUF_Tech_2.htm

Sabertooth will still do overclocking and gaming, it just lacks the niche ROG features and it only has the 6 fan headers vs 8. Decide what you prefer - the Saber, software and drop a fan, or, ROG and all fans 🙂

The_Nemesis
Level 10
What processor are you planning on running? Just from a features and price perspective considering your usage I would opt for the sabertooth. It's a solid reliable board just as the ROG board but the $35 difference in price could fund more ram or more cores if you don't have a cpu. The boards are $185 shipped for sabertooth vs $220 shipped crosshair at newegg right now.
Praetor
» i7 990X 3101A239
» Asus Rampage III Black Edition
» Asus GTX 470 & 570 Tri-SLI or Three Sapphire 5850's CFX
» 6GB Corsair Dominator GT TR3X6G1866C7GTF
» Corsiar Force Series 180GB
» CORSAIR Professional Series AX1200 1200W
» Microcool Banchetto 101
Defiant
» G74SX » 16GB ram » Corsiar Force Series 180GB » 750GB Seagate » Blu-ray

GamerGirlAlice
Level 7
thinking a 8 core buldozer best i can get i kiled my last quasd core by overloading it

NZXT Pink Phantom

AliceP.com
ChrisRayMemorial.com

GamerGirlAlice
Level 7
i have to admit i love the rog 990fx alot

NZXT Pink Phantom

AliceP.com
ChrisRayMemorial.com

DaemonCantor
Level 13
Well your not supposed to edit a movie at the same time your crunching a database while rendering a complex scene in Maya, then start up a game of Skyrim! that would burn anything up!

GamerGirlAlice
Level 7
lol i figured that after i killed my p55, i learnt the hard and expensive way

NZXT Pink Phantom

AliceP.com
ChrisRayMemorial.com

DaemonCantor
Level 13
Ouch! now that's outta the way have you put the new system together yet? I want pictures! and all the juicy gossip of what you did when!

GamerGirlAlice
Level 7
i promise when i start the build ill do a page on it, but it will mainly be buying parts first. i do have one question though. im thinking of buying a fully braided psu from frozen cpu or performance pc. if i go sabertooth what color of sleaving should i request. rog is easy with red and black. but what 2 colors would be beset to request for a sabertooth color scheme. on a side note should i consider buying a stock psu and sending cables to a expert sleaver since my 800d extensions would need sleaving as well???

NZXT Pink Phantom

AliceP.com
ChrisRayMemorial.com