cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ROG Strix Fusion 500 - terrible microphone?

Juusuhako
Level 7
Hello all,
my friend just went from a HyperX Cloud II to the Fusion 500 and the mic. on this thing seem terrible, unless he did something wrong settings-wise.

His GF (in the same room) has a TV and I honestly might aswell be there with her watching as clear as I hear it from time to time. When my friend speaks it does cancel out background noise (somewhat...), but when he's quiet I pretty much hear anything going on, be it TV, chattering or kitchen utensils... On top of that, "Noise Gate" and "Perfect Voice" in the software seem to make absolutely no difference what so ever, so I'm not even sure why they're there...

Anyone experienced something similar or know of a "fix", or is this simply the quality of the microphone?
3 REPLIES 3

MasterC
Community Admin
Community Admin
If you can hear the TV clearly then the quality of the mic isn't the issue. Is your friend's voice loud and clear too?
Perhaps try lower the mic gain?

Juusuhako
Level 7
How is it not the mic's issue? It's clearly not good enough at cancelling background noise. His voice is fine, but not on par with his old HyperX II. Gonna assume Asus dropped the ball on the mic quality with this one.

MasterC
Community Admin
Community Admin
The Fusion 500 does not have microphone noise-cancelling. ENC (Environmental Noise-Cancelling) is available on other headsets such as the Centurion and Strix 7.1.