cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GL502VML/FX502VM 970 evo not detected

eli0n4u
Level 7
Hello,

i own asus FX502 (also known as GL502VML or GL502VMZ, not sure)

On the manual, it says it can support both, sata and NVme ssd drives, escpecially 2280 port (same that 970 is using)

Now the problem is, it cannot detect the Samsung Evo 970 SSD, it can detect many other SSD-s (for example all of SanDisk ones)
SSD itself is in good condition, tested it out in other computer

Whats the solution here, will Asus release some kind of bios update or i just have to get some other ssd? Quick search shows that some people got 960 PRO running (excatly same connector), so why not 970?
11 REPLIES 11

eli0n4u
Level 7
bump

First up, lets identify what you have.

Can you please run dxdiag.exe.

Write down the System Model and BIOS.

Post here with your results.
G752VSK, G75VW-3D, G51J, G1S
Homebuilt Windows Server

eli0n4u
Level 7
Is this helpful enough? Picture below -

Install NVMe SSD, boot to windows, go to computer management, disk management. The NVMe SSD should be displayed. Format the SSD.
Homebuilt Windows Server

eli0n4u
Level 7
The problem is that its not, only my main HDD is showing

Go into your BIOS, switch from EZMode to Advanced Mode, then into Adavanced, down to SATA Mode Selection. Change this to ACHI.
Homebuilt Windows Server

jdfrench3 wrote:
Go into your BIOS, switch from EZMode to Advanced Mode, then into Adavanced, down to SATA Mode Selection. Change this to ACHI.

https://www.upload.ee/image/9287041/CCE1C21E-DD75-46C7-89A4-89E42AFF2F84.jpeg Its already ACHI (by the way its the only option as well, it doesnt list other options for me)

Go into your BIOS, switch from EZMode to Advanced Mode, then into Boot, disable CSM.

Are you trying to make this NVme SSD bootable?
Homebuilt Windows Server

jdfrench3 wrote:
Go into your BIOS, switch from EZMode to Advanced Mode, then into Boot, disable CSM.

Are you trying to make this NVme SSD bootable?

Yes. When i disable CSM nothing happens, only my main HDD wount be shown as bootable anymore. Still cannot see EVO 970