cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does the Ryuo 240 AIO liquid CPU cooler come with pre-applied thermal paste?

usi93x
Level 7
Does it or do I need to purchase a thermal paste tube separately?
5 REPLIES 5

Menthol
Level 14
It appears to come pre-applied but it is still a good idea to purchase a small tube of good quality TIM in case you need to re-mount

https://www.eteknix.com/asus-rog-ryou-240-aio-cpu-cooler-review/2/

Menthol wrote:
It appears to come pre-applied but it is still a good idea to purchase a small tube of good quality TIM in case you need to re-mount

https://www.eteknix.com/asus-rog-ryou-240-aio-cpu-cooler-review/2/

mdzcpa wrote:
Yes it does. It is actually pretty good too. However, I did change it out with some Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut and achieved a small improvement.

Thank you, what orientation have you guys mounted the radiator? Top or front? I have ordered the Phanteks Evolv X and still not sure where to mount it...

mdzcpa
Level 12
usi93x wrote:
Does it or do I need to purchase a thermal paste tube separately?

Yes it does. It is actually pretty good too. However, I did change it out with some Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut and achieved a small improvement.

mdzcpa
Level 12
I also have the Evolv X and mounted mine up top. The X is taller than the original Evolv and it looks great up top. I also prefer exhausting the hot air out of the case. The improved vents on the X over the original flow a ton of air.

Click for clearer pic.....

mdzcpa wrote:
I also have the Evolv X and mounted mine up top. The X is taller than the original Evolv and it looks great up top. I also prefer exhausting the hot air out of the case. The improved vents on the X over the original flow a ton of air.

That looks quite nice! Guess I'll mount it top as well then. I also bought the Phanteks led digital starter kit (with the strip and control hub) as well as 3 Digital lux frames to light up the radiator fans and the single fan at the rear... I think it's gona look awesome. I will still need to figure out how to efficiently connect the case's addressable RGB + the 3 halo lux ARGB + the ARGB led strip using the ARGB single header on my MB (Z370-E) and the hub.

Appreciate the help.