cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[SONIC STUDIO] Update UWP 3.13.6.0 break Advanced Mode App Routing

ardennguyen
Level 7
After letting Windows update the UWP Sonic Studio III app to version 3.16.3.0; my customized Routing Effects for each program under Advanced Mode got reset back to Music every time I close and re-open the app. Tried to uninstall and install again without solving the issue.

My model is ROG Scar II (GL504VS)
12 REPLIES 12

ardennguyen
Level 7
Anyone with same issue?

liakou
Level 7
I have that same issue but not as of now.... This issue goes back to the very first release of the SS3 UAD app and still goes after all the versions updated, for me at least. It was the main reason keeping me back to the HDA drivers of Realtek instead of the UAD ones. From time to time I install the newer versions of the UAD drivers and SS3 app to check if it got fixed but not so far. I have even wrote it in the Windows store review of the app for sometime now..

liakou wrote:
I have that same issue but not as of now.... This issue goes back to the very first release of the SS3 UAD app and still goes after all the versions updated, for me at least. It was the main reason keeping me back to the HDA drivers of Realtek instead of the UAD ones. From time to time I install the newer versions of the UAD drivers and SS3 app to check if it got fixed but not so far. I have even wrote it in the Windows store review of the app for sometime now..

I just got this issue after the latest update of SS3 UAD. Previous UAD version + sound driver 8544 had no issue at all. I tried older UAD drivers but then because of the new SS3 UAD, the issue persists...

ardennguyen wrote:
I just got this issue after the latest update of SS3 UAD. Previous UAD version + sound driver 8544 had no issue at all. I tried older UAD drivers but then because of the new SS3 UAD, the issue persists...

Based on what you're saying, I hope the solution wont be something like "clean install your Windows"...
Have you tried CCleaner maybe before installing the previous version that worked fine for you?

liakou wrote:
Based on what you're saying, I hope the solution wont be something like "clean install your Windows"...
Have you tried CCleaner maybe before installing the previous version that worked fine for you?

I did clean install with previous driver but it did not help. The problem is about the latest version of SS3 UAD, no matter clean install or re-install of driver would not make a difference. SS3 UAD 3.13.6.0 (the buggy version) is still pushed to install via Windows Store...

MoKiChU
Level 40
Hi,

The issue does not come from Sonic Studio 3.13.6.0, but comes from Drivers/SoftwareComponent Drivers.

The issue is fixed on these drivers :

- Realtek HD Audio Drivers (UAD - ASUS Nahimic) - Last version [18/12/2018] :
----Drivers : 6.0.1.8597 WHQL
----SS3 Extension Drivers : 1.1.3.54788 WHQL
----NH3/SS3 APO SoftwareComponent Drivers : 1.2.3.0 WHQL

For download & install/update tutorials, you can use this thread (works also on laptops) : https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?105341-DRIVERS-Realtek-HD-Audio-(UAD)

MoKiChU
Level 40
Hi,

The issue does not come from Sonic Studio III v3.13.6.0, but comes from Drivers/SoftwareComponent Drivers.

For download & install/update tutorials, you can use this thread (works also on laptops) : https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?105341-DRIVERS-Realtek-HD-Audio-(UAD)

MoKiChU wrote:
Hi,

The issue does not come from Sonic Studio III v3.13.6.0, but comes from Drivers/SoftwareComponent Drivers.

Hey there,

love the work you are doing, but I doubt that is the case as I have tested it multiple times on my C7H and it always resets (I have done clean installs with the new driver and the application manager profiles reset to musice when reopening it ever since this new version of sonic studio)

MoKiChU wrote:
Hi,

Yes sir. Finally the issue of advanced mode is fixed.
There's only the issue of the application profiles reseting all to "Music" after everytime we open SS3. Although the profiles remain as they should if you don't open the app.
Anyway I can live with that for now. The advanced mode issue was a no go for me but that's gone now, so hopefully will see the remaining issues getting fixed as well.
Thanks for the info.