Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7 15 16 17
    New ROGer Array

Reboots !!!

Even with the new firmware i still have the same problems. 6 random resets in 4 days, 2 times i had to power off and on the router because the wifi didnt work ( no clients could connect).
    This is the second device that i have ( the first one was returned ) .

If i use the VPN fusion and i have an external HDD in the router then the restarts are more often.

Also i had try the 3 latest firmware , deleted all my settings, used factory reset , did a firmware restoration , removed most of my wifi clients , tryied different channels in both 2.4 and 5Ghz wifi, disabled vpn fusion and removed the HDD.

i can provide the logs also if needed.
    Any help would be appreciated

thank you.

New ROGer Array

Please Update the Background in 192.168.1.1

Please Update the Background in 192.168.1.1

I can't believe this is an ROG , but you can't customize the theme ! which is ridiculous!
    Please feed my back if any update coming regard cosmetic update coming soon

ROG Member Array

guys any way to fix auto-generating broken openvpn configs? "No closing quotation": *.ovpn etc?
    or is there is any solution/workaround

ROG Member Array

have you tried to open ports in port forwarding and check them if they are open via web tools?
    thanks

Quote Originally Posted by LedXizor View Post
    Wow, looks like a pretty big firmware release with lots of fixes! :-)

Here are the release notes:

Version 3.0.0.4.384.81099
    2019/09/2363.12 MBytes
    ASUS GT-AC5300 Firmware version 3.0.0.4.384.81099
    Security fix
    - Fixed a DDoS vulnerability. Thanks for Altin Thartori's contribution.

Bug fix
    - Fixed web control interface login problem.
    - Fixed Network map clist list issues.
    - Fixed VPN fusion related bugs.
    - Fixed block internet access problem when clients connected to AiMesh node
    - Fixed Samba server compatibility issue.
    - Fixed OpenVPN related bugs.
    - Fixed schedule reboot bugs.
    - Improved AiMesh compatibility.
    - Improved system stability.
    - Fixed User interface related bugs.

Please unzip the firmware file first then check the MD5 code.
    MD5: fe3c48f2b9a3767a89b36e58bf942a7f

New ROGer Array

Broken features

In my case, Features that doesn't work on last firmware but work on 2018 firmware versions. All of these Asus ask to bring the route to tech assistance center:
    VPN fusion.
    Port forward.
    USB Share drive with samba.
    Features that never worked:
    QoS - always make the router stop working after some time.
    Router schedule reboot.
    5Ghz wireless - work for 2 to 3 days and then stop working - reboot required to resume connectivity.

Can Asus try to fix the basics instead improving interface or features with Alexa!?!?!

New ROGer Array

USB tether FAILURE

Firmware Version:3.0.0.4.384_81099

Hi everyone, I'm hoping someone can assist with a USB tether FAILURE

BACKGROUND
    All devices are run current firmware. My GT-AC5300 is configured for
    WAN USB tethering, running without issue on a Huawei P30 phone.
    Also used Samsung A30, A50 A70, they all USB tether perfectly.

PROBLEM
    I just purchased a new Razer 2 phone , under NO circumstances will
    it USB tether with the ASUS router. it will successfully USB tether with
    my desktop PCs and notebooks, this USB tether failure ONLY occurs
    with the ASUS router.

I've logged detailed support tickets with both ASUS and Razer, both
    have reached the conclusion that a compatibility issue is the problem.
    Neither willing to resolve the problem.

any de-bug or work around suggestions would be greatly appreciated

New ROGer Array

VPN Fusion

Can't take credit for this solution, but saw it in either SNB or elsewhere in ROG forum. What I have observed matches with their experience too.

Basically, as soon as you add a VPN connection in SERVER LIST AND activate it in VPN Fusion...your DNS now becomes the DNS of the activated VPN server. Even if you don't add and activate a VPN connection exception, just activating the server now takes the DNS away from your INTERNET provider. Your IP is still with your original provider, but the DNS lookups are now with your VPN. This screws with Netflix and other services that block VPN and proxy connections.

I could have sworn this was working properly in previous firmware, but I went back to try to figure out which one and had all sorts of problems with lockups so I figured I would try to get it to work like this other user had done to get it to work and here is what I had to do:

1) this is with expressVPN and their OPENVPN and latest GT-AC5300 firmware 81099
    2) Under WAN DNS - connect to DNS automatically = NO, specify google DNS of 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4
    3) Under LAN - DHCP SERVER tab - DNS and WINS Server Setting - specify 8.8.8.8 in the DNS Server field
    4) Add you OPENVPN server to the list - username, pswd, upload desired VPN file and ACTIVATE
    5) Add your client to the VPN exception list using your VPN server instead of INTERNET - I did not need to specify OPTIONAL DNS - ACTIVATE it - and APPLY

You may need to reboot your clients at this point so that they start to use DNS in the hierarchy of 8.8.8.8 (from the LAN setting) and 192.168.1.1 (or whatever your ASUS router IP is acting as the gateway/DNS server)

The behavior I see now is how I wanted it - non-VPN traffic uses INTERNET IP and google DNS (shows google in expressVPN DNS leak test), and VPN traffic uses expressVPN IP and expressVPN DNS servers - they pass the DNS Leak test at expressVPN's website. At first the DNS leak test included google DNS, but it must have eventually refreshed because now it just shows expressVPN DNS in the leak test - AC5300 must bypass the LAN DNS internally even though it also shows 8.8.8.8 in my windows network DNS listing for the client.

Maybe Nord or other VPN work without all of these changes, and maybe there is another method that works too.

Not sure why ASUS chose this or maybe it is a mistake that will get corrected. I would think that the INTERNET DNS would always be active and take priority and the VPN exceptions would use the VPN DNS instead.

Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7 15 16 17