Page 9 of 15 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast
    ROG Member Array

Quote Originally Posted by chris k View Post
    No problems for me with mac showing but I don't have smart connect enabled. DNS seems to be the biggest issue for me. I have a server handling DNS and the GT seems to block DNS settings from the server. DHCP is turned off on the GT and I've added the server's ip on DHCP page and that helped some clients connect. Not understanding why I have to add dns address if dhcp server is off but whatever. For now, I have to manually add DNS server ip to most wired and wireless clients. Phones are having a problem staying connected. Most of the people in my office use iphones so I can't be sure if its the latest ios update or the GT but disabling "Enable WMM APSD" on all 3 bands seems to have solved that problem.
    I have a similar issue. *The DNS server that the router is pushing, is from the VPN Fusion server settings. *For now, i have to manually set each device to use the correct dns server.

VPN Fusion causes WAN to drop after a while.

I have the following issues with VPN Fusion on this firmware:

1- It randomly forces some machines on my network to go through a VPN connection, even if I did not configure it to be so.
    2- After a few minutes, if a VPN connection is active, WAN declares itself as 'disconnected' (but still works)
    3- After around an hr or so, all connectivity to the internet is blocked
    4- After a few minutes, when a VPN is active, VPN Fusion config page takes 10 minutes to load.

ROG Member Array

I've changed VPN provider to ExpressVPN from IPVanish. Fusion has been steady for 36 hours now with the latest firmware. ExpressVPN is a lot more friendly to router based VPN than IPVanish. WiFi is working steady on all freqs. Fusion provides VPN to a Mac Mini. In the past all WiFi has defaulted through VPN, but that might be because I "checked" the VPN as "default" in the Fusion settings.

New ROGer Array

Day 7 with TP-link Archer ax6000: no wireless drops, no dns issues, no qos issues and no need to reboot the router. All bridges and repeaters, not to mention pc's and phones, on my network STAY connected. Sorry Asus, the nightmare that is the Gt-Ac5300 has cost you a long time customer. At this point in the game, its time to admit failure and start offering refunds.

New ROGer Array

GT-AC5300 Shut down problem after .45149 update

Hello To everyone!
    We're a little frustrated and disappointed here with ASUS support. So I would like to apologize in advance for our harsh tone. A little background on our deployment and configuration. We have 5 ROG Raptures GT-AC5300 routers installed in a Veterans facility. All units have operated without issue for the past year. Other than periodic firmware updates, we've had no equipment changes on the LAN side of these routers. Each unit is a gateway serving a specific WLAN of which there are five. Our ISP is the local cable company, so each ROG is connected to a cable modem on the WAN side. On the LAN side, we have 2 ports of each unit connected to 2 POE Switches. Each POE switch serves groups of Ubiquity APs. We have no need to maintain wireless connectivity through the ROG routers since we utilize APs throughout the building. As such, we've disabled all wireless transmitters within the ROG. Only LAN ports are used. With the exception of a few static IP assignments, some port forwarding, DDNS subscription and HTTPS remote access enabled, most of the router's configuration is default.

Now a little background as to our problem and symptoms. We updated all our ROGs to .45149. Within a day, only one particular ROG developed a strange problem. It would just shut off. Or at least that is what appeared to occur. All LAN connections would go down and the unit's lights would go out. To resolve, we simply power cycled the unit. This problem happens intermittently. Sometimes within a few hours, sometimes after days of operation. We removed the ROG from service and brought it to another location with a totally different ISP. The same problem occurred. This strongly suggested a router specific issue.
    Although unfamiliar with the System log we did notice a few entries stating green mode activated and sleep. It is our belief somehow the unit maybe simply going into a deep sleep state.
    To resolve the matter temporarily I placed an electronic timer on the Router AC power adapter. I have it programmed to turn the power off for one minute every six hours. This keeps the router working daily but it is certainly not a permanent fix.

Now our frustration with ASUS. Honestly for such an expensive piece of gear you would expect prioritized comprehensive support. ASUS fell way short of providing this. Here is an excerpt of my last reply to ASUS.
    "I am completely dissatisfied with your overall support of this specific product. In good faith I reached out to ASUS on xx/xx/2018 with a legitimate router issue that occurred directly after a factory firmware update. During all the correspondences sent to your technical department, I never once had the opportunity to discuss the issue with the same technician. Every reply I received was from a different support person. And every reply expressed concerns and apologizes, but had no technical substance with respect to my problem or it's resolution.
    I was instructed by two different support agents to hard reset the unit. If each had taken the time to read the trouble ticket, they would have known this measure was already attempted without success.
    I provided all required files and service logs. And even after two weeks of follow-up, I never received a detailed explanation, or for that matter any explanation as to what exactly was causing my problem. I only received one reply stating "didn't find anything abnormal from the files provided" This router worked reasonably well until the latest firmware update. Obviously something went wrong somewhere!
    I was abundantly reminded by your support team that; "We do have a great team of engineers who will be able to advise you accordingly." "Please be informed that your response is now being escalated to our product engineers." What purpose did this serve? There was no depth to your support. It was strictly Public Relations from my point of view. It was obvious the router was failing. It kept shutting down in two different locations using two different ISPs. This must have been visible in the service logs I provided. Even I saw questionable log entries. Not a single technical support agent honestly or competently addressed the problem in detail with me."

Now to this day, ASUS never provided the courtesy of a support response addressing my dissatisfaction. I did receive a email stating my unit was out-of-warranty. And it would cost $555 for repair. We will gladly toss it in the garbage before we ask our Veterans to pay such an exorbitant cost!

In my final email I stated the following; ASUS has demonstrated a complete lack of concern for our Veterans and this failed router issue. We have five of these units in service at this Veterans facility. This experience has been unfortunate. And has forced us to reevaluate our choice of equipment. I will assist our Veterans in migrating away from all ASUS products.

In Closing: If anyone has an idea as to what has caused this issue with 1 of 5 ROG routers, we would greatly appreciate your input!

Thank You!

UPDATE: 1/27/2019 We've continued to explore this shut-down Sleep issue after the latest firmware update. We discovered this particular GT-AC5300 preferred the Version : 3.0.0.4.384_32799-gfe72567. We downgraded, and for the past few days it continues to operate without issue.

With the exception of offering to repair the unit for $550, ASUS provided absolutely NO (ZERO) beneficial support with regard to this problem.
    What makes this monumental support failure especially sad, frustrating and disturbing is that we reached out to ASUS in good faith for our Veterans. Remember everyone, your product is only as good as the manufacturer support behind it. ASUS failed miserably!
    Based upon my experience here, I would highly recommend researching alternative products.
    Last edited by telepathcomm; 01-27-2019 at 04:25 PM.

ROG Guru: White Belt Array

in my case I`ve had the router since april-2018.
    was not able to use it, as it was unstable until 1 month ago.
    the last firmware made it stable, but my 5ghz-2 has no mac address, so its not working.
    I was told by Asus to do an RMA.
    I bought this in US, but live in Brazil. doing an RMA in US is fine but could take many months due to shipping in customs.
    I`ve asked Asus to help me, they`ve been for 1 week trying to get `contact with the RMA US team`, with no response.

2 weeks waiting for a contact with the RMA US team.

ROG Member Array

Quote Originally Posted by telepathcomm View Post
    Hello To everyone!
    We're a little frustrated and disappointed here with ASUS support. So I would like to apologize in advance for our harsh tone. A little background on our deployment and configuration. We have 5 ROG Raptures GT-AC5300 routers installed in a Veterans facility. All units have operated without issue for the past year. Other than periodic firmware updates, we've had no equipment changes on the LAN side of these routers. Each unit is a gateway serving a specific WLAN of which there are five. Our ISP is the local cable company, so each ROG is connected to a cable modem on the WAN side. On the LAN side, we have 2 ports of each unit connected to 2 POE Switches. Each POE switch serves groups of Ubiquity APs. We have no need to maintain wireless connectivity through the ROG routers since we utilize APs
    throughout the building. As such, we've disabled all wireless transmitters within the ROG. Only LAN ports are used. With the exception of a few static IP assignments, some port forwarding, DDNS subscription and HTTPS remote access enabled, most of the router's configuration is default.

Now a little background as to our problem and symptoms. We updated all our ROGs to .45149. Within a day, only one particular ROG developed a strange problem. It would just shut off. Or at least that is what appeared to occur. All LAN connections would go down and the unit's lights would be off. To resolve, we simply power cycled the unit. This problem happens intermittently. Sometimes within a few hours, sometimes after days of operation. We removed the ROG from service and brought it to another location with a totally different ISP. The same problem occurred. This strongly suggests it's a router specific issue.
    Although unfamiliar with the System log we did notice a few entries stating green mode activated and sleep. It is our belief somehow the unit maybe simply going into a deep sleep state.
    To resolve the matter temporarily I placed an electronic timer on the Router AC power adapter. I have it programmed to turn the power off for one minute every six
    hours. This keeps the router working daily but it is certainly not a permanent fix.

Now our frustration with ASUS. Honestly for such an expensive piece of gear you would expect prioritized comprehensive support. ASUS fell way short of providing this. Here is an excerpt of my last reply to ASUS.
    "I am completely dissatisfied with your overall support of this specific product. In good faith I reached out to ASUS on xx/xx/2018 with a legitimate router issue that occurred directly after a factory firmware update. During all the correspondences sent to your technical department, I never once had the opportunity to discuss the issue with the same technician. Every reply I received was from another support person. And every reply expressed concerns and apologizes, but had no technical substance with respect to my problem or it's resolution.
    I was instructed by two different support agents to hard reset the unit. If each had taken the time to read the trouble ticket, they would have known this measure was already attempted without success.
    I provided all required files and service logs. And even after two weeks of follow-up, I never received a detailed explanation, or for that matter any explanation as to what exactly was causing my problem. I only received one reply stating "didn't find anything abnormal from the files provided" This router worked reasonably well until the latest firmware update. Obviously something went wrong somewhere!
    I was abundantly reminded by your support team that; "We do have a great team of engineers who will be able to advise you accordingly." "Please be informed that your response is now being escalated to our product engineers." What purpose did this serve? There was no depth to your support. It was strictly Public Relations from my point of view. It was obvious the router was failing. It kept shutting down in two different locations using two different ISPs. This must have been visible in the service logs I provided. Even I saw questionable log entries. Not a single technical support agent honestly or competently addressed the problem in detail with me."

Now to this day, ASUS never provided the courtesy of a support response addressing my dissatisfaction. I did receive a email stating my unit was out-of-warranty. And it would cost $555 for repair. We will gladly toss it in the garbage before we ask our Veterans to pay such an exorbitant cost!

In my final email I stated the following; ASUS has demonstrated a complete lack of concern for our Veterans and this failed router issue. We have five of these units in service at this Veterans facility. This experience has been unfortunate. And has forced us to reevaluate our choice of equipment. I will assist our Veterans in migrating away from all ASUS products.

In Closing: If anyone has an idea as to what has caused this issue with 1 of 5 ROG routers, we would greatly appreciate your input!

Thank You!

UPDATE: 1/20/2019 We've continued to explore this shut-down Sleep issue after the latest firmware update. We discovered this particular GT-AC5300 will not operate on LAN Ethernet only connections. With wireless turned off, and LAN connections active, after a period of time; hours/days the unit goes off or to sleep. Requiring a power cycle to bring it out. To keep it functioning properly we need to turn on at least one of the three Wi-Fi transmitters. When turned on, the unit operates without issue and does not go to sleep or shut down.

Does ASUS or anyone in the forum have this problem or know how to correct this? We have no need for keeping wireless active.
    ---

Thank you for writing this. I paid alot of money for this router and the rt-ac86u....only to have them on the side of the table until Asus stabilizes the firmware so I dont lose lan connections, wifi issues and DSN problems. Seriously I thought Asus was rock solid...now we have an Netgear ORBI router and we have no issues.

What happend to quality control ASUS? Will anyone from ASUS please respond?? Just be honest and tell us the plan to get this router stable.

ROG Guru: Yellow Belt Array JackNaylorPE's Avatar

Since we have not heard back from Asus on either phone or e-mail support request, no Asus activity in other posts, figured I'd post this link here ... This is a list of instances where the management utility is unfunctional, unclear or the manual feature names / descriptions do not agree with the router utility.

https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthrea...ace-Needs-Work
    October 26 Build
    MoBo:Max VI Formula
    RAM:16GB Mushkin DDR3-2400 10-12-12-28
    GFX:2x Asus GTX780 DCII
    HD: 2x Seagate 2TB Hybrid SSHD
    SSD:2x Samsung 840 Pro 256GB
    PSU:Seasonic X-1250
    Case:Phanteks Enthoo Primo
    Monitor:Asus VG248QE Black 23" 144 Hz
    Optical:Asus BR Burner
    KB: Logitech G19s
    Mouse:RoG GX950
    Fan Con.: Six Eyes
    Cooling:420+280 Alphacool Rads, 35x2 Pump, EK CPU/ GPU Blocks, Acrylic Tubes w/ BP Fit

Having similar reported issues here as well. I've had this router since it first came out. Subscribed.

Notice my antennas that share the 2.4ghz and 5ghz band#1, seems to have gone down in range/strength/drop consistency/etc - confirmed by this thread https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthrea...h-on-GT-AC5300

Also, by using a connected HDD over time, the RAM maxes out 97-98+% and never clears the cache. So, the router's RAM constantly pings at that % - I'd say not great for it to be doing so. Tests show when accessing a connected HDD the RAM increases, and continues to increase if the router is not reset (a fix another user found was rescanning the HDD every so often within the router interface). Further detail discussed here https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthrea...ices-WLCEVENTD

Asks:

Add a 'Clear HDD Cache' option
    Obvious Wifi/router fixes
    Support for SMB2

Thank you
    Last edited by mrc00l88; 02-03-2019 at 06:02 PM.

Page 9 of 15 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast