Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast
    New ROGer Array

I setup my GT-AC5300 as the AiMesh router, and connect the AiMesh node of a RT-AC5300 through cable connection. But after I upgraded the firmware to*3.0.0.4.384_45149,*5 GHz-2 of GT-AC5300 is now used as dedicated WiFi backhaul under AiMesh mode. Since I connected the AiMesh node by Ethernet cable, I don't think it's necessary to reserve the*5 GHz-2 of GT-AC5300 as a dedicated WiFi backhaul. Anyone can advise me how to release*5 GHz-2 of GT-AC5300 from a dedicated WiFi backhaul? Thanks.

ROG Enthusiast Array staticrp PC Specs
    staticrp PC Specs
    Laptop (Model)Rog Phone
    MotherboardAsus Rampage V Edition 10
    ProcessorCore i7-6900K
    Memory (part number)Corsair Vengeance LED CMU64GX4M4C3000C15
    Graphics Card #1Poseidon 1080TI
    Graphics Card #2Rog stix 1080ti (off)
    Graphics Card #3Rog stix 1080ti (off)
    Sound CardXonar Phoebus
    MonitorAsus ROG Swift PG348Q, ROG AURA TERMINAL
    Storage #1NVMe Samsung SSD 960 PRO
    Storage #2Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB & 2xSeagate 3tb
    CPU CoolerCustom water system EK+CORSAIR+TT
    CaseThe Tower 900
    Power SupplyTT Bailkal 1500W
    Keyboard Rog Claymore
    Mouse Rog Spatha
    Headset Rog centurion, Rog Delta
    Mouse Pad GM 50Plus, ROG Balteus
    Headset/Speakers DENON + PIONEER
    OS 10 x64
    Network RouterGT-AC5300
    Accessory #1 2xEK-CoolStream XE 480
    Accessory #2 10xCorsair LL120, 3xRiing 14 LED RGB, ROG SPOTLIGHT!
    Accessory #3 Thermaltake Pacific RGB G1/4 PETG, 2xPacific PR22-D5,

where did the rocking chair from USB app go?

ROG Member Array

Upgraded my GT-Ac5300 with this firmware 3.0.0.4.384.45149.

VPN fusion with selective VPN tunneling works and is stable.

As my second router is a RT-AC5300 I was able to successfully setup AIMESH and use the second 5 Ghz channel as a back haul.

Appears finally ASUS has been able to address the majority of issues on this router after 3 months of trial and error and several firmware releases.

Hopefully this firmware remains stable,

ROG Member Array

Where is the USB application downloader now? cannot find it in settings, thoug it works via Windows app?

ROG Member Array

Quote Originally Posted by BloodyEGO View Post
    Where is the USB application downloader now? cannot find it in settings, thoug it works via Windows app?
    *WORKED. now i cannot connect to it anymore using the windows download master utility. nice, so they removed the feature... now how can i download my torrents directly to HDD and stream them via media server ?

ROG Member Array

Update : Before updating from Beta to the latest firmware, please remove all VPN profile and any DHCP Manual clients for the GUI not to lag

VPN Issues needed to be fixed
    1. DNS still falls back to the First VPN connected server when multiple VPN is activated

VPN Status
    1. Multiple VPN working fine

Recommendations
    1. VPN Status for Clients (e.g. Indicator for Clients whether they are connected to the specific VPN Route/DNS if possible)

ROG Guru: White Belt Array stefan063 PC Specs
    stefan063 PC Specs
    Laptop (Model)EUROCOM X6W
    MotherboardIntel Z170
    Processori7-6700K
    Memory (part number)32GB
    Graphics Card #1NVIDIA GTX980
    Graphics Card #2None
    Graphics Card #3None
    Graphics Card #4None
    Sound CardRealtek
    Monitor17" LG
    Storage #1256GB Samsung EVO 960 NvME
    Storage #2256GB Samsung EVO 960 NvME
    CPU CoolerStock
    Mouse Logitech G502
    Headset Logitech G933
    Mouse Pad Logitech
    OS Windows 10
    Network RouterASUS GT-AC5300

Quote Originally Posted by sabbose View Post
    Upgraded my GT-Ac5300 with this firmware 3.0.0.4.384.45149.

VPN fusion with selective VPN tunneling works and is stable.

As my second router is a RT-AC5300 I was able to successfully setup AIMESH and use the second 5 Ghz channel as a back haul.

Appears finally ASUS has been able to address the majority of issues on this router after 3 months of trial and error and several firmware releases.

Hopefully this firmware remains stable,
    What VPN service are you using and what type of VPN are you using? OpenVPN protocol? NordVPN doesn't work for me as ExpressVPN also. Nothing...

New ROGer Array

Quote Originally Posted by warlove3 View Post
    VPN Fusion still causing crashes on my router and GUI after trying to add remove connect and disconnect VPN servers/Clients.

Sent feedback with logs already, hopefully they will have another beta that fixes this issue

and it have some performance hit when press apply, it needs 5 seconds only initiate applying settings.

Update:
    Multiple VPN doesn't work after the crash even after restart, only can use 1 of it, gonna revert back to the beta version for VPN usage, this release is not stable at all for VPN

I cant revert the old firmware using firmware updater, will try firmware restoration tool tomorrow

VPN is broken again, I can connect but Client connection is not routed to the VPN even though selected and activated.

Attachment 77461
    1) VPN Fusion works with ExpressVPN OR PureVPN but not both. Can setup 5 server locations for Expressvpn and 4 can be activated at the same time. As for purevpn, only one server can be activated among the 5 setup.

2) Delete the server, and apply, the total number of servers (Openvpn) remains at 5 (the limitation), it does not allow you to add anymore.

3) Delete all the servers, press apply and reboot, some servers still appears.

4) For purevpn, eventhough the server can be successfully activated, and the exclusion list of the device is also activated, but the internet connection failed. It seems that the webpage (Edge or Chrome) cannot resolve the DNS

5) When you edit a server location, it seems that the certificate and unique key are emptied. You need to setup the server again by loading the certificate and unique key. Once you edit a server, it does not gurantee that the server can be activated. If you do a reboot of the router, you may have difficult of get back to the router configuration page (192.168.1.1). With some luck, if you reboot the PC several times, you may be able to access the router configuration page. Even if you get to the page, I still cannot get to the VPN fusion page. This time I need to press the reset button on the router to have a clean setup again. In a nutshell, if you scuccessfully setup and activated the 4 servers of Expressvpn, leave it, DON"T edit. You can add exclusion list, delete exclusion list and press apply, the router will function properly. Once you edit the server, delete the server, strange things will happen : those successfully activated server will have connection problem, GUI become unstable, server counts do tally anymore, router become unstable. ....Hopefully, this feedback will help developer to find solutions to make the connection to third party VPN providers more stable. VPN Fusion is one of the most innovative and attractive feature on this TOP END router, I really hope that all VPN services can be supported and also rock stable. Thanks.

ROG Member Array

I am using VPN Fusion (with PrivateInternetAccess) for one single interface on my network. *Now, every single other device on my entire network uses the VPN's DNS. *I do not like this. *I have a manual setting in the WAN page for OpenDNS. *I have to manually set every device individually to correct this issue. *It should not behave this way.

ROG Guru: White Belt Array stefan063 PC Specs
    stefan063 PC Specs
    Laptop (Model)EUROCOM X6W
    MotherboardIntel Z170
    Processori7-6700K
    Memory (part number)32GB
    Graphics Card #1NVIDIA GTX980
    Graphics Card #2None
    Graphics Card #3None
    Graphics Card #4None
    Sound CardRealtek
    Monitor17" LG
    Storage #1256GB Samsung EVO 960 NvME
    Storage #2256GB Samsung EVO 960 NvME
    CPU CoolerStock
    Mouse Logitech G502
    Headset Logitech G933
    Mouse Pad Logitech
    OS Windows 10
    Network RouterASUS GT-AC5300

So little insight why VPN didn't work on MY router. Problem was because of my primary PPPoE connection. So OpenVPN protocol cannot work with PPPoE. L2TP does work great. So any way over PPPoE VPN (Open VPN) to work?

Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast