Page 18 of 20 FirstFirst ... 8 16 17 18 19 20 LastLast
    New ROGer Array

Updating to 3.0.0.4.384.81099 SAMBA shares are gone

I can no longer access any SAMBA shares from any PC. I have rebooted countless times now. Very upset wish I would have read the real reviews of this unit when I bought it. Apparently all I read was fluff from free giveaways for reviews.

New ROGer Array

Network Monitor broke after upgrade ? Have rebooted a few times same result ?

[UPDATE] rebooted just now and it seems to be working again.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	traffic.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	276.4 KB 
ID:	83913

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	traffic1.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	195.1 KB 
ID:	83914

New ROGer Array Jesseinsf PC Specs
    Jesseinsf PC Specs
    MotherboardASUS ROG Maximus XI Extreme (Z390)
    ProcessorIntel Core i9 9900K
    Memory (part number)Corsair CMW128GX4M4E3200C16
    Graphics Card #1NVIDIA - GeForce RTX 2080 Ti FE
    Sound CardCreative Labs Sound Blaster AE-9
    MonitorSamsung 32" UH750 QLED UHD Monitor
    Storage #1Samsung 970 Pro M.2 PCIe SSD 1TB
    CPU CoolerCooler Master MLX-D36M-A20PC-R1 w/ Noctua NF-F12 industrialPPC-2000 IP67 PWM x3 Fans
    CaseLian Li PC-011 Dynamic XL (ROG Certified)
    Power SupplyCooler Master V1200 Platinum
    Keyboard RAZER HUNTSMAN ELITE - LINEAR OPTICAL SWITCH (Red) w/ PBT Keycaps
    Mouse Razer Basilisk Ultimate with Charging Dock
    Headset Bowers and Wilkins P9 Signature
    Mouse Pad Razer Vespula V2 Mousepad
    Headset/Speakers Creative GigaWorks T40 Series II
    OS Windows 10 Pro for Workstations
    Network RouterROG Rapture GT-AC5300
    Accessory #1 Microsoft Xbox Elite Wireless Controller Series 2
    Accessory #2 Logitech BRIO ULTRA HD PRO WEBCAM

ROG Rapture GT-AC5300 Firmware on Website is Corrupt

Please check the ROG Rapture GT-AC5300 beta firmware that you posted on the ROG Rapture GT-AC5300 support site. It cannot unzip on any PC. This firmware zip file is corrupt. It's been like that for a week now and you guys didn't notice it?

New ROGer Array

Unable to Unzip

Quote Originally Posted by Jesseinsf View Post
    Please check the ROG Rapture GT-AC5300 beta firmware that you posted on the ROG Rapture GT-AC5300 support site. It cannot unzip on any PC. This firmware zip file is corrupt. It's been like that for a week now and you guys didn't notice it?
    Same here I ran a checksum and it didn't match either.
    Code:
    MD5 hash of FW_GT_AC5300_n900438481551.zip:
    efdd15b69b506436ac5929cbbace67fd
    CertUtil: -hashfile command completed successfully.

New ROGer Array

Exclamation New firmware disables Amazon Music on Echo Devices and Impacts other Apps

There is a bug that I reported for the newest Firmware (Version 3.0.0.4.384.81685 2020/03/06 59.05 MBytes) that I also reported for the most recent Beta prior to the new firmware released, but was not addressed.

PROBLEM:

1) Amazon Echo devices will no longer play any songs from Amazon Music (disables Amazon's Music service). Amazon will respond to a request to play music, but the song will not actually play.

2) Other device apps, such as the Coway Airmega system, will no longer be able to connect to devices on your local network. You can use a VPN (or a cellular connection) and they will connect fine. This means that it is definitely the new firmware. Also, if you downgrade to the version that was available prior to the most recent beta and newest public release, everything works perfectly.

I also tried manually opening all ports that could be used by Amazon Music and these other device apps which did not work either.

This is a bug that was reported as soon as the beta was released via the Asus ticket system and the support team said they would tell this developers. Unfortunately, it looks like it was not addressed for the post-beta release.

If anyone has an alternative solution, please post it. Also, if Asus reads these, please take the time to investigate this issue. I also wrote back to Efriam who was the support agent that indicated he would inform the developers of the problem.

With potentially thousands, if not millions of people who use Amazon Music via an Echo device impacted, I'm guessing this will be a big deal and the average person won't be able to figure it out (or will stop using Asus networking products).

Any help from the community is appreciated.

Thanks!

New ROGer Array

Exclamation Firmware disables Amazon FireStick from Updating FireOS

This firmware update also causes the firestick to be unable to download updates to is FireOS. It will identify an update is needed an hang indefinitely on the download. When I revert back to the last final firmware, it works fine.

New ROGer Array

GT-AC5300_3.0.0.4_384_81686 frequent dropoffs in 2.4 GHz band

I'm not sure if it's related to firmware issue or there is some defects in hardware. I've just started using GT-AC5300 and figured out that it frequently drops 2.4 GHz signals. I've tried different settings, reset to factory default etc. nothing helped. 5.1 band works good.
    No devices can establish connections with the router at 2.4 GHz.

The device is bough in China and moved to Ukraine. Asus Global Support replied: "This problem is the reason for transferring the router to a service center. But your device does not have a warranty in Ukraine and an authorized service will not accept it for repair."

I'll appreciate any advice.

At the attached picture you will see two 2.4 GHz networks:
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/1p3h...ew?usp=sharing

- ZubraHome^et2 - from GT-AC5300 within one-meter distance (the name at the router is ZubraHomeNet2),
    - ZubraHomeNet - from old and cheap TP-Link two floors below.

New ROGer Array

I wanted to provide some feedback in regards to GT-AC5300 with firmware 3.0.0.4.384_81695

There are issues with this firmware,

1. WiFi Radar does not work, it cannot perform any site survey this leads to issues with 2.4/5ghz wireless that some people are experiencing.
    2. Wireless 2.4ghz / 5ghz is inconsistent, either drops or poor coverage, this maybe related to the above
    3. AIMesh with RT-AC5300 attempts to force a firmware upgrade of 3.0.0.4.384_81792 to RT-AC5300 but this firmware does not exist for the RT-AC5300, it is for the RT-AC68U this is a potential issue which can brick the modem
    4. USB failover to 4G as intermittent experiences, it works sometimes, sometimes it doesn't, when my WAN link went down it didn't automatically failover but when I unplugged cable from main WAN link it failed over to 4G

On the positive side,
    1. VPN Fusion works, finally it works well with SurfShark on OpenVPN and PureVPN and I can set a specific mac address to a US VPN server which works very well with Netflix US on Samsung TV

Fixes for wireless, in response to my wireless issues which kept dropping out and I had poor coverage even with AIMesh I did the following,

Wireless General 2.4 Ghz, Channel Bandwidth 20mhz, Control Channel 1, Group Key Rotation Interval 2592000
    Wireless General 5-1 & 5-2 Ghz, Channel Bandwidth 80mhz, Group Key Rotation Interval 2592000

Professional 2.4ghz, Roaming assistant Disabled, Enable IGMP Snooping Disabled, Enable TX Bursting Disabled, Airtime Fairness Disabled, Universal Beamforming Disabled

Professional 5-1 & 5-2 Ghz, Roaming assistant Enabled default, Enable IGMP Snooping Disabled, Enable TX Bursting Disabled, Airtime Fairness Disabled, Universal Beamforming Disabled

I found the following to provide a good mix of stability and coverage, I found that if I had 2.4ghz control channel on auto there was instability issues, this maybe because the WiFi survey on this router is not working.

I collected logs statistics and have sent this to ASUS.

New ROGer Array

Exclamation GT-AC5300 Firmware 3.0.0.4.384_81695

Firmware: 3.0.0.4.384_81695
    Cannot Recommend!

Firewall Issue 1:
    DDoS Protection is DDoS'ing itself.
    DDoS Protection is supposed to protect against it, not cause it!
    Running a webserver via this router and turning on DDoS Protection will result in most HTTPS requests of being DROPPED when viewing pages such as galleries.

Setup
    Router IP: 192.168.0.1 (not 192.168.1.1)
    Web Server 192.168.0.99 running NGinX with Let's Encrypt/Certbot.
    The router is set Virtual Server on 80, 443 to 192.168.0.99
    Turning DDoS Protection on:
    Most packages are DROPPED to the Web Server.
    Turning DDoS Protection off:
    All packages are ALLOWED to the Web Server.

Firewall Issue 2:
    Basic Firewall is IPv6 only?
    How is that basic?
    with setting "Enable IPv6 Firewall = No!" I get an error message saying "192.168.0.99 is not a valid IP address!"

QoS State vs JavaScript
    QoS cannot be turned off
    When clicking apply after switching QoS to "Off" state, nothing will happen. There is a JavaScript error in the code.

Feedback has been sent on both of these issues, but nothing has been answered back.

New ROGer Array Jesseinsf PC Specs
    Jesseinsf PC Specs
    MotherboardASUS ROG Maximus XI Extreme (Z390)
    ProcessorIntel Core i9 9900K
    Memory (part number)Corsair CMW128GX4M4E3200C16
    Graphics Card #1NVIDIA - GeForce RTX 2080 Ti FE
    Sound CardCreative Labs Sound Blaster AE-9
    MonitorSamsung 32" UH750 QLED UHD Monitor
    Storage #1Samsung 970 Pro M.2 PCIe SSD 1TB
    CPU CoolerCooler Master MLX-D36M-A20PC-R1 w/ Noctua NF-F12 industrialPPC-2000 IP67 PWM x3 Fans
    CaseLian Li PC-011 Dynamic XL (ROG Certified)
    Power SupplyCooler Master V1200 Platinum
    Keyboard RAZER HUNTSMAN ELITE - LINEAR OPTICAL SWITCH (Red) w/ PBT Keycaps
    Mouse Razer Basilisk Ultimate with Charging Dock
    Headset Bowers and Wilkins P9 Signature
    Mouse Pad Razer Vespula V2 Mousepad
    Headset/Speakers Creative GigaWorks T40 Series II
    OS Windows 10 Pro for Workstations
    Network RouterROG Rapture GT-AC5300
    Accessory #1 Microsoft Xbox Elite Wireless Controller Series 2
    Accessory #2 Logitech BRIO ULTRA HD PRO WEBCAM

Version 3.0.0.4.384.81695

Devices disconnect allot with this firmware build and the last 2 firmware builds. Also, the Charter spectrum's internet Wifi modem router combos in my building seem to have a stronger signal than the ROG RAPTURE GT-AC5300. Is this because Spectrum is braking federal law by turning up the transmit power above FCC regulation or is it because this router is a bit weak in signal? FYI, I'm talking about my neighbors in my apartment building.
    Last edited by Jesseinsf; 04-28-2020 at 08:57 AM.

Page 18 of 20 FirstFirst ... 8 16 17 18 19 20 LastLast