Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast
    ROG Guru: Orange Belt Array sdmf74's Avatar

No fix for the EZ printer driver causing BSOD when the router is
    Connected to printer through usb?
    This is a pretty basic feature for printer
    Sharing that shouldnt be too difficult to fix.

Using RT-AC86U
    ASUS Maximus 9 Formula, Intel I7 7700k, EVGA GeForce GTX 980Ti K|ngP|n
    G Skill Trident Z RGB 3600 32GB, EVGA supernova 1300G2, CaseLabs Merlin SM8, Wooting One/Ducky One TKL RGB, Razer Basilisk, EK Velocity RGB w/ Alphacool Monsta & HL Nemesis GTX360, Samsung 960 pro 512gb(OS), Samsung 850 EVO 1tb(games), Samsung 850 Pro 512gb, Asus PG279Q 165HZ, BenQ 144hz, Windows 10 pro

ROG Guru: Orange Belt Array

everything is fine here. updated with mobile app. wired gui is perfect and fast. havent tried wireless gui via laptop and i probably wont. all settings were saved and i have no issues with my connections or speeds. not sure why so many people jump through so many hoops just to update. its a consumer product so stop overthinking everyhting with all these factory resets before you even know if there is an issue

ROG Guru: Orange Belt Array sdmf74's Avatar

What do you mean dude didnt you know that its required to do an initialization 4 1/2 times before you flash the firmware then do 5 more factory resets afterwards. Oh then you have to access the gui from the mobile app and do a final reboot. Ill find the link where asus lists the steps in the proper order and post it here in a minute.
    ASUS Maximus 9 Formula, Intel I7 7700k, EVGA GeForce GTX 980Ti K|ngP|n
    G Skill Trident Z RGB 3600 32GB, EVGA supernova 1300G2, CaseLabs Merlin SM8, Wooting One/Ducky One TKL RGB, Razer Basilisk, EK Velocity RGB w/ Alphacool Monsta & HL Nemesis GTX360, Samsung 960 pro 512gb(OS), Samsung 850 EVO 1tb(games), Samsung 850 Pro 512gb, Asus PG279Q 165HZ, BenQ 144hz, Windows 10 pro

New ROGer Array

Firmware 45149 still crashes GUI and lose internet connection with ExpressVPN activat

Quote Originally Posted by warlove3 View Post
    VPN Fusion still causing crashes on my router and GUI after trying to add remove connect and disconnect VPN servers/Clients.

Sent feedback with logs already, hopefully they will have another beta that fixes this issue

and it have some performance hit when press apply, it needs 5 seconds only initiate applying settings.

Update:
    Multiple VPN doesn't work after the crash even after restart, only can use 1 of it, gonna revert back to the beta version for VPN usage, this release is not stable at all for VPN

I cant revert the old firmware using firmware updater, will try firmware restoration tool tomorrow

VPN is broken again, I can connect but Client connection is not routed to the VPN even though selected and activated.

Attachment 77461
    I am a newbie to VPNs and I have tried factory resetting the router multiple times and loading the new firmware version 45149 and I still have the same issue as you do. The GUI is crashing and is very very slow. As soon as I activate an Express VPN connection I am not able to access the internet.

ROG Guru: White Belt Array stefan063 PC Specs
    stefan063 PC Specs
    Laptop (Model)EUROCOM X6W
    MotherboardIntel Z170
    Processori7-6700K
    Memory (part number)32GB
    Graphics Card #1NVIDIA GTX980
    Graphics Card #2None
    Graphics Card #3None
    Graphics Card #4None
    Sound CardRealtek
    Monitor17" LG
    Storage #1256GB Samsung EVO 960 NvME
    Storage #2256GB Samsung EVO 960 NvME
    CPU CoolerStock
    Mouse Logitech G502
    Headset Logitech G933
    Mouse Pad Logitech
    OS Windows 10
    Network RouterASUS GT-AC5300

I have the same VPN issue. Not working!!! I am using Nord VPN. But I don't have any other issues with UI speed nor with router in general.

ROG Member Array

Quote Originally Posted by HideyHoo View Post
    I am a newbie to VPNs and I have tried factory resetting the router multiple times and loading the new firmware version 45149 and I still have the same issue as you do. The GUI is crashing and is very very slow. As soon as I activate an Express VPN connection I am not able to access the internet.
    well, it seems you gotta go back to the previous firmware to get it working again, so far only minor hiccups i have with the beta firmware.

ROG Junior Member Array

My router works like a dream, vpn server works great vpn fusion works great, wifi devices rarely disconnect maybe once or twice since ive owned this router. thank Asus.

ROG Guru: White Belt Array

I tried to initialize the router.
    the issue persists. As soon as clients try to connect to the router, while they DONT get connected, the GUI gets slugissh and un-usable.

ROG Member Array

New ROGer Array

Updated to new firmware via web browser gui firmware update function. Experience good without factory reset on GT-AC5300.

1) VPNFUSION finally works for me. Have not stressed it with multiple VPNS or connections yet but my one setup works fine. I deleted the existing ExpressVPN connection and started from scratch with a fresh OPENVPN file from Express and current username and password from the Express sight. ExpressVPN is not the default internet and I have just added one wireless client to it for now. DNSLeak test passes on Express site says I am using Express DNS servers even though I have google DNS in my WAN settings in GT-AC5300 - good job on the fix as this is the behavior I expected to see. Wired clients using Default internet see google DNS so they are routing traffic separately.

2) decided to implement SmartConnect feature for all radios (tri-band 2.4, 5.1-1, 5.1-2). The only issue I had was some old incorrect SSID's in the AC5300 wifi settings. I had the same SSID in 2.4 and 5.1-2 and a different one in 5.1-1 (must have fat fingered it in the past). I had to change them all to the same SSID and then turned on SmartConnect to that same common SSID and all is fine now.

3) had an older ac66r in media bridge mode that requires choosing the ssid and freq so just set to smartconnect ssid using 2.4 band after a factory reset.

Pretty vanilla setup with mostly wired clients using default internet and not VPNFusion except on the one wireless client but everything seems fine for now.

Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast