cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ROG Rapture GT-AC5300 - Firmware 3.0.0.4.384.45149 [report if any issues]

stewart_1
Level 8
New firmware (3.0.0.4.384.45149) just got released for the ROG Rapture GT-AC5300.

https://dlcdnets.asus.com/pub/ASUS/wireless/GT-AC5300/FW_GT_AC5300_300438445149.zip?_ga=2.30212539.5...

Please share your findings here in this thread. Thanks people!

Release notes:

ASUS GT-AC5300 Firmware version 3.0.0.4.384.45149
AiMesh
- Improved AiMesh dedicated backhaul mechanism for tri-band to tri-band AiMesh modes.
- Lyra, Lyra Mini, and Lyra Trio can be added as AiMesh node into GT-AC5300 network.
Please refer to https://www.asus.com/support/FAQ/1038071 for more detail.

Security
- Fixed CVE-2018-14710, CVE-2018-14711, CVE-2018-14712, CVE-2018-14713, CVE-2018-14714. Thanks for Rick Ramgattie's contribution.
- Fixed AiCloud/ Samba account vulnerability. Thanks for Matthew Cundari's contribution.
- Fixed DoS vulnerability. Thanks for Ruikai Liu's contribution.
- Fixed CVE-2018-17020, CVE-2018-17021, CVE-2018-17022.
- Fixed stored XSS vulnerability. Thanks for Duda Przemyslaw's contribution.
- Updated OpenSSL library.

New Alexa skill and IFTTT actions
- Add Alexa skill “ ask ASUS ROUTER to report security status”
- Add Alexa skill “ ask ASUS ROUTER how many devices are online”
- Add IFTTT actions : Wake on LAN
- Add IFTTT actions : check new firmware available and upgrade
[Note] You have to upgrade the firmware version up to 3.0.0.4.384_45149 if you want to use these new Alexa skills and IFTTT actions.

Bug fixes and improvement
- Improved wireless stability.
- Modified “Dual Wan” user interface.
- Modified “Port Forwarding” user interface.
- Modified “Restore” user interface.
- Fixed “VPN Fusion” bugs.
- Fixed GUI bugs on user feedback page.
- Fixed “Adaptive QoS” bugs.
209 REPLIES 209

stefan063
Level 8
Thank god!!!

sh000kz
Level 8
looks like the wifi connection bug is fixed for now, vpn with vpn fusion is now working(thanks for openssl update)

but the ui is still horrible slow over wifi and lan (fresh install with factory recovery and no backup upload)
Rules are made to be brake
Some Pics of my RIG https://abload.de/gallery.php?key=kQVMUtOc

stefan063
Level 8
VPN Fusion DOESN'T work for me. NordVPN.

Hello the official firmware on the ASUS support site is still 384.32799.
Will there be an official release or this 384.45149 is the latest.

sabbose wrote:
Hello the official firmware on the ASUS support site is still 384.32799.
Will there be an official release or this 384.45149 is the latest.

The official NL GT-AC5300 support page is now hosting the latest official firmware version, which is 384.45149 (see link below). Possible the NL site was just a bit slow rolling out the update. Apologies.

https://www.asus.com/nl/Networking/RT-AC5300/HelpDesk_BIOS/

stefan063
Level 8
My router cannot sync NTP server... How can I set it manually? If there is a way?

VPN Fusion still causing crashes on my router and GUI after trying to add remove connect and disconnect VPN servers/Clients.

Sent feedback with logs already, hopefully they will have another beta that fixes this issue

and it have some performance hit when press apply, it needs 5 seconds only initiate applying settings.

Update:
Multiple VPN doesn't work after the crash even after restart, only can use 1 of it, gonna revert back to the beta version for VPN usage, this release is not stable at all for VPN

I cant revert the old firmware using firmware updater, will try firmware restoration tool tomorrow

VPN is broken again, I can connect but Client connection is not routed to the VPN even though selected and activated.

warlove3 wrote:
VPN Fusion still causing crashes on my router and GUI after trying to add remove connect and disconnect VPN servers/Clients.

Sent feedback with logs already, hopefully they will have another beta that fixes this issue

and it have some performance hit when press apply, it needs 5 seconds only initiate applying settings.

Update:
Multiple VPN doesn't work after the crash even after restart, only can use 1 of it, gonna revert back to the beta version for VPN usage, this release is not stable at all for VPN

I cant revert the old firmware using firmware updater, will try firmware restoration tool tomorrow

VPN is broken again, I can connect but Client connection is not routed to the VPN even though selected and activated.

I am a newbie to VPNs and I have tried factory resetting the router multiple times and loading the new firmware version 45149 and I still have the same issue as you do. The GUI is crashing and is very very slow. As soon as I activate an Express VPN connection I am not able to access the internet.

HideyHoo wrote:
I am a newbie to VPNs and I have tried factory resetting the router multiple times and loading the new firmware version 45149 and I still have the same issue as you do. The GUI is crashing and is very very slow. As soon as I activate an Express VPN connection I am not able to access the internet.

well, it seems you gotta go back to the previous firmware to get it working again, so far only minor hiccups i have with the beta firmware.