cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ROG-STRIX-RTX2080TI-O11G-GAMING Fan Buzzing/vibration

Republic_of_Pax
Level 8
New out of the box I have 2 fans buzzing/rattling left one is the worst the middle one seems more random. its loud enough it can easily be heard with case fans on and side cover closed. starts around fan speed 70% very constant in the 80's with short bursts when they ramp up at lower speeds.
anyone else had this happen?
Is this something can be rma?

4 REPLIES 4

Republic_of_Pax
Level 8
No reply from anyone at asus about this... 😞 doing a return to newegg, so when I pulled the card out to return I noticed these notch's on every fan blade some have more then one not sure if its a manufacturing defect or an attempt by asus to balance the blades never seen anything like this before just thought id share see what you all think. no idea if this has anything to do with the fan buzzing or if that's a bearing problem.

Hi Republic of Pax,
same here, exactly the same. I fixed it by supporting the rear end with carton pieces so it gets pushed up a little. I still have a strix 2 gtx 980 and msi 980. msi is very quiet, strix is very loud, which is no problem, but the vibrating. Since i bought it, metal case seems not to be a good idea with this vibration.

I hope with RMA it will be better.

regards

Republic_of_Pax
Level 8
Well I finally received a replacement card this one has none of the issues the last one did no vibration/buzzing no missing pieces from fans. As an added bonus the core and memory overclock much better the card is stable and actually seems to run a little cooler. first card had micron memory this one has Samsung.

mcmarky
Level 8
I'm happy with you, can you make a video please how loud the card is in the Q-BIOS under load.

My second Strix 2080 OC is nearly so grumpy and noisy as the first one. But now I put my old powercolor power jack / vga holder under the strix and it seems that the grumpy noise can be reduced a little bit.