Power SupplyCooler Master V1000
    Keyboard Razer BlackWidow Chroma V2
    Mouse Razer DeathAdder Elite
    Headset ASUS Cerberus
    Mouse Pad QcK
    OS Windows 10 Pro
    Network RouterASUS RT-N66U

Quote Originally Posted by AKDragon View Post
    I was thinking about switching from IPS to VA monitor purley due to the contrast ratios and black levels (IPS=1000:1 VA=between 2000-3000:1), but I am aware of current VA based gaming monitors having low pixel response issues. Usually I would avoid VA panels because of poorer viewing angles but with a curved monitor I assume it would negate that issue to some degree.

I currently use a Predator XB321HK which for the most part is great, but after seeing a low end Samsung 43" VA based 4K HDR TV; the contrast ratio alone (approx. 5000-6000:1) blows any "gaming monitor" out of the water (and it was edge-it!); this is the reason I would move away from an IPS panel. Although I find it odd that even samsung's freesync HDR VA monitors also have the ghosting/low pixel response issues.

Personally I am looking for a monitor that supports HDR+FALD, the current IPS based HDR monitors that have FALD exhibit "glowing" issues due to the use of an IPS panel instead of a VA. Again for HDR to look it's best VA panels are more suitable due to the better contrast ratios. The PG35VQ / X35 pretty much check all the boxes in terms of my requirements (although I find 200hz pointless 120/144hz would have been fine) but as you say the ghosting issues that plague them is a concern, hopefully all this time with zero updates or information from Asus has been spent in resolving this issue? Time will tell.

Exactly! IPS panels contrast ratio is a joke which makes FALD not working properly.
    FALD is only amazing with VA panels.
    No more IPS, Contrast is king, looking for VA panels after trying IPS and TN*