Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    ROG Member Array

Quote Originally Posted by Sancus View Post
    Why did they add a DAC to this? What the hell? LOL. Just get the damn panel out, all of us with $2000+ to spend on a monitor already have excellent audio solutions that do not benefit from a random DAC in a monitor.

Hopefully the Acer version is less stupid.
    +1
    Whats next? A keyboard with an amp integrated?

ROG Guru: White Belt Array ELIESEH PC Specs
    ELIESEH PC Specs
    MotherboardASUS ROG STRIX X99 GAMING
    ProcessorIntel® Core™ i7-6900K
    Memory (part number)CMK32GX4M4A2400C14
    Graphics Card #1ROG-STRIX-GTX1080TI-O11G
    MonitorACER XB271HU
    Storage #1Samsung SSD 960 EVO 256 GB
    Storage #2Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500 GB
    CPU CoolerHydro Series™ H115i
    CaseNZXT Phantom 820
    Power SupplyCooler Master V1000
    Keyboard Razer BlackWidow Chroma V2
    Mouse Razer DeathAdder Elite
    Headset ASUS Cerberus
    Mouse Pad QcK
    OS Windows 10 Pro
    Network RouterASUS RT-N66U

Quote Originally Posted by Cornholiooo View Post
    +1
    Whats next? A keyboard with an amp integrated?

WOW a speaker inside the monitor ?!!! why they didn't decreased the price and removed the speakers? who will buy this monitor can't buy a good speakers system ?lol
    btw this monitor is in danger due to ghosting, we will see the testing.

New ROGer Array

Thumbs up it was good 2 years ago, not now anymore

filling the screen with even more gimic's to let the price raise over 2k, something is wrong in that concept

why should i buy a wqhd screen for 2k € when i can have nearly the same 4k screen for a bit cheaper, this is not going well
    maybe i am to old since i dont see a difference between 144hz and 200 hz and in grafic hungry games i wont score those frames anyway

i was believing pg35vq would go for 1,2k€ something, but this is rediculous. where is the sense to invest so much money in a technology that will be outdated in not the distant future. miniled will bring the zones + the brightness so much forward, that fald display wont get a buyer in this part of the market anymore >.>
    it will be a microled vs miniled decision, i doubt someone will care about fald anymore...

it had been 2 years of waiting for this screen now without any dev roadmap (the second year maybe just cause of the gimic's..) and why not wait a bit more and get a really good then. is it really so hard to make a fitting gsync (ultimate) hdr10(00) screen in w/qhd that is not rediculous overpriced ?

ROG Member Array

Quote Originally Posted by ressa View Post
    filling the screen with even more gimic's to let the price raise over 2k, something is wrong in that concept

why should i buy a wqhd screen for 2k € when i can have nearly the same 4k screen for a bit cheaper, this is not going well
    maybe i am to old since i don't see a difference between 144hz and 200 hz and in graphic hungry games i wont score those frames anyway

i was believing pg35vq would go for 1,2k€ something, but this is ridiculous. where is the sense to invest so much money in a technology that will be outdated in not the distant future. miniled will bring the zones + the brightness so much forward, that fald display wont get a buyer in this part of the market anymore >.>
    it will be a microled vs miniled decision, i doubt someone will care about fald anymore...

it had been 2 years of waiting for this screen now without any dev roadmap (the second year maybe just cause of the gimic's..) and why not wait a bit more and get a really good then. is it really so hard to make a fitting gsync (ultimate) hdr10(00) screen in w/qhd that is not ridiculously overpriced ?
    It will be a very long time before we see "affordable" mini/micro-led 32"/35" gaming monitors based on current manufacturing costs:
    https://ibb.co/2PTDvvm

ROG Member Array

I am also waiting for almost 2 years for this monitor to be released. Specwise it almost ticks all the boxes I am looking for in a monitor.

Another thing that would help to keep the price of this monitor under control would probably be to get rid of the overpriced GSync HDR module and implement FreeSync 2 HDR with LFC instead.
    *Since NVIDIA also supports FreeSync now I don’t see any advantage in GSync over FreeSync.

And instead of an included DAC ASUS could rather invest in something like an integrated ROG Aura Terminal. I invested in one last year and I was impressed on how much it can add to the gaming experience.
    In my opinion it would also be a great idea to include the HALO software functionality into the firmware of the monitor. It would make this feature useable on any PC regardless of the OS and would probably also make it usable while watching Netflix.

Anyway. Those are just a few ideas of mine. Can’t wait to see this panel finally being released.
    Last edited by madr1c; 02-03-2019 at 11:07 AM.

New ROGer Array

Quote Originally Posted by madr1c View Post
    Another thing that would help to keep the price of this monitor under control would probably be to get rid of the overpriced GSync HDR module and implement FreeSync 2 HDR with LFC instead.
    *Since NVIDIA also supports FreeSync now I don’t see any advantage in GSync over FreeSync.
    You are correct that nvidia graficcards are going to work with freesync. but you might have overread that we are talking here about gsync 2 (gsync ultimate) und free sync 2 -- freesync 1 will be okay, but not 2 -- hdr feature are so far only planed with the ultimate version as far as i understood

ROG Member Array

Quote Originally Posted by madr1c View Post
    I am also waiting for almost 2 years for this monitor to be released. Specwise it almost ticks all the boxes I am looking for in a monitor.

And instead of an included DAC ASUS could rather invest in something like an integrated ROG Aura Terminal. I invested in one last year and I was impressed on how much it can add to the gaming experience.
    In my opinion it would also be a great idea to include the HALO software functionality into the firmware of the monitor. It would make this feature useable on any PC regardless of the OS and would probably also make it usable while watching Netflix.

Anyway. Those are just a few ideas of mine. Can’t wait to see this panel finally being released.
    Either way it's too late for Asus to make changes such as these as it's already in production. Saying that I would rather they remove the DAC instead of the Gsync module. At this point it's clear the monitor is going to cost over $2000, so I'm going to stick with my monitor until next year and see if there are more sane options become available. For perspective the 55" Samsung QE55Q8DN has FALD, true 10-bit VA panel, 1500nits, 100hz, lacks gsync/vrr but here in the UK it costs £1799. In comparison the 27" PG27UQ is £2079.....honestly it's quite unreal to think the 1440p UW PG35VQ is going to cost more than the PG27UQ knowing it's not going to surpass the Samsung QE55Q8DN in IQ.

New ROGer Array

Quote Originally Posted by AKDragon View Post
    In comparison the 27" PG27UQ is £2079.....honestly it's quite unreal to think the 1440p UW PG35VQ is going to cost more than the PG27UQ knowing it's not going to surpass the Samsung QE55Q8DN in IQ.
    https://youtu.be/fR9XKFpVYmA?t=234

it will cost more. and thats the point why they will get problems in selling

ROG Member Array

So I've just seen the HP OMEN X Emperium display is now available for purchase and has the following spec:
    • 3840x2160
    • 65" AMVA Panel
    • 4000:1 contrast ratio
    • FALD (384 zones)
    • HDR1000 certified
    • Gsync HDR
    • 144hz + 4ms response time
    • NV Shield TV
    It costs £3500 here in the UK (without soundbar), how's that for perspective, lol.

New ROGer Array techie1337 PC Specs
    techie1337 PC Specs
    MotherboardASUS ROG RAMPAGE VI EXTREME
    Processori7-7820x
    Graphics Card #1ASUS ROG Strix 2080
    MonitorDELL P2418D
    Storage #1Samsung 970 EVO 1TB M.2 NVMe
    CPU CoolerASUS ROG RYUJIN AIO
    CaseCougar Conquer
    Power SupplyASUS ROG THOR 1200W
    Keyboard Razer Huntsman Elite w/ Double-shot Shine Through Keycaps
    Mouse Razer Naga Trinity & Basilisk
    Headset Razer Nari Ultimate
    Mouse Pad Razer Goliathus Extended Chroma
    Headset/Speakers Razer Nari Ultimate
    OS Windows 10 Pro
    Accessory #1 Cougar Mouse Bungee
    Accessory #2 Corsair Headset Stand RGB
    Accessory #3 Nvidia 3D Glasses 2

Add the Matrix to the list...

March has arrived and still no word on the monitor AND now the ROG Matrix 2080 Ti. The latter was due to be released by the end of January, then pushed to February, after CES this year. The 43 inch XG438Q was also due end of February. I wonder if ASUS are gearing up for a massive drop of the products at some upcoming event? Any particular tech event or otherwise coming up? E3 seems a bit too far.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast