Threaded View

New ROGer Array

Exclamation GL502VS Shuts down when connected to HDMI (Lid is closed)

When I play games through my external monitor, when the lid is open, I see horizontal refractions on my external monitor. So it bothers me too see them while playing. It's been almost a year since I got this notebook and I never closed the cover because it shuts down after playing around 10-15 mins of game. For example PUBG, Battlefield.. Also I think that it can be happening because of the overheating because the upper section of keyboard gets very hot while playing and imagine me closing it while connecting to HDMI, it gets very hot. When I play Battlefield 5 with Ultra settings (no problems at the performance) , I can only play around 10 mins with lid closed and connected to HDMI. One time I checked how hot was CPU and it was saying "95" degrees. Maybe this notebook was not designed to be used with HDMI + running a high system requirement game. I'm okay with playing while the lid is open. It's just the lines bothering me. They keep coming on my external monitor. If there is no solution for overheating (which i think is the case) , isn't there any solution for the refractions while the lid is open ? Thanks for your future helps. I'm sorry if it's been too long, I tried to be clear.