cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

H150i Pro with Maximus X

sutex
Level 7
What is the correct way to set up the Qfans control in the bios ?

Running latest 1704 bios and have the Corsair 4 link installed for the H150i Pro, but it's not set to auto startup.

I'm NOT using Asus suite, everything is done via the bios. The PC is not 'OC' yet using an XMP profile for memory.
13 REPLIES 13

_fess
Level 8
Mine is setup the following way:
- Disabled Q-Fan for CPU
- Use Corsair Link 4 and adjust the radiator fan speed curve there. Mine is set to "Quiet" preset.

Needless to say, Corsair pump is connected to the CPU fan header. Corsair fans are connected to the pump fan headers.

Guitarmageddon1
Level 9
I have the same setup, and it is done via Corsair link. The fans don't physically plug into the board anywhere, they get all their direction from the aio cables which were only plugged into the pump. All do the other fans via bios however

Guitarmageddon888 wrote:
I have the same setup, and it is done via Corsair link. The fans don't physically plug into the board anywhere, they get all their direction from the aio cables which were only plugged into the pump. All do the other fans via bios however

Exactly, basically what the Corsair manual says 🙂

My case fans are controlled by Q-Fan in bios as well.

Fractal Design Define C case runs pretty hot (should have grabbed the Meshify C instead) so I've setup my Noctua case fans the following way in bios:

- PWM mode
- Monitor temperature: Motherboard
- Upper temp limit - 40 deg.C
- Upper temp fan speed - 70%
- Middle temp limit - 35 deg.C
- Middle temp fan speed - 60%
- Lower temp limit - 30 deg.C
- Lower temp fan speed - 30%

So far, the mobo temp never went above 35 deg.C with this configuration and is dead quiet.

Menthol
Level 14
My preference is connecting the rad fans to the motherboard CPU fan header using a splutter cable, pump connector is for pump speed monitoring connected to AIO header, connect the SATA connector to PSU and control the fans in the bios settings, without relying on Corsair Link, Link software didn't used to be reliable but has improved a great deal.

sutex
Level 7
Not sure about all this cable talk or AIO header / PWM mode

- Disabled Q-Fan for CPU ? How do you do that

And does the Corsair link have to auto start ?

Menthol
Level 14
If you don't have a fan connected to the CPU fan header you will have disable reporting of that header, If you have a case fan connected to the CPU header your good to go without touch anything bios related. Not sure if you need Link to auto start with OS but if your relying on it to control fans I would recommend yes

sutex
Level 7
Ive no idea how the PC is setup, It was a individual component purchase and then the shop built it, everyone's is talking in Tech terms, like somehow I'm all clued up ( as in I build it)

What do I need to tell you, So you can walk me through the best way to cool my system , At the moment Link does not Auto start

Menthol
Level 14
Open up Link software click on options, settings and make sure "run at Windows start up" is checked

Menthol
Level 14
Please let us know if this does the trick, you will also be fine with a desktop icon and starting the software as soon as Windows loads