cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Q Code 0b

b0dhimind
Level 7
After using this build for a few days, I tried switching all the same parts to a new MB (Strix) and it worked fine.
https://pcpartpicker.com/list/2DPmKB

Do I have to use my desktop with the fear that i have to take apart everything? Isn't there a reliable motherboard that can support 2700x?

I tried the following:
--flashing every BIOS and CMOS and hit START... got Q Code 0B, 0D and 4b some BIOS versions
--removing M2 and having only GPU, CPU, and a brand new 2666 8GB corsair stick

Any other ideas?

I'm sad about I may have to let go of this most powerful motherboard ... if it can't last even a few days of low use... even though I didn't overclock anything.
And ASUS support doesn't know anything either--said they would call me back within 2 days.
3 REPLIES 3

Falck
Level 10
This is just my rig, but I also got that error after every flash.

The problem? Graphicscard and displayport, switched to HDMI cable and it worked first try!

Falck wrote:
This is just my rig, but I also got that error after every flash.

The problem? Graphicscard and displayport, switched to HDMI cable and it worked first try!

I was using HDMI though.

Anyway this is with just the CPU, MB, and RAM.
If it doesn't pass this bare-naked test... then HDMI won't make a difference right.

I just now tried with CPU MB and RAM OUT of the case since another person said it was something due to the EKWB rubber or something.

No luck.

Edit: I also tried with GPU (CPU MB and RAM).

I think this MB is defective. As soon as I plug in the 3600 RAM it started giving me this code and orange light (RAM) stays lit no matter what. I think it fried itself.

I also had the Q-Code 0d and decided to submit mine for RMA. Tried new Ram, reseating CPU, removed GPU and swopped pcie locations, flashback and cmos buttons. Nothing helped.