cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GL504GM Error sound after update bios 306

skygunners89
Level 7
i dont know why my GL504GM bios update automatically from 303 to 306 last night, after update my spaker sound volume become very low even in max volume (100%). I dont know why this happened, can someone help me how to downgrade bios for Asus Hero 2 (GL 504 GM)?
13 REPLIES 13

Nihck5
Level 7
Windows update also updated the audio drivers. This may be more relevant to your issue.
Personally I had sound problems before this update. Following a windows 1809 reset and these bios and driver updates, everything is working fine for me now on my gl504GM.
I suggest you do a windows reset, it keeps all your files. You may just have to reinstall some programs. All the ASUS software and drivers are automatically reinstalled.

there is a new bios on hero 2?
how is the performance of your games? do you experience fps drops in 306 bios?

Vsparda wrote:
there is a new bios on hero 2?
how is the performance of your games? do you experience fps drops in 306 bios?

No more fps drops for me after this update

Setoumaru wrote:
No more fps drops for me after this update

do you have the link of the new bios? can u share it with me?

And may i ask if your unit is hero 2?? And did you expeience fps drops before 306 bios??

Nihck5 wrote:
Windows update also updated the audio drivers. This may be more relevant to your issue.
Personally I had sound problems before this update. Following a windows 1809 reset and these bios and driver updates, everything is working fine for me now on my gl504GM.
I suggest you do a windows reset, it keeps all your files. You may just have to reinstall some programs. All the ASUS software and drivers are automatically reinstalled.

Is your bios also 306?? And did your fps drops on hero 2 are totally gone??

Vsparda wrote:
Is your bios also 306?? And did your fps drops on hero 2 are totally gone??

yes, windows update installed the bios update automatically. I didnt have fps drops on bios 304 tho, however, it seems the nahimic crash issue is resolved

Nihck5 wrote:
yes, windows update installed the bios update automatically. I didnt have fps drops on bios 304 tho, however, it seems the nahimic crash issue is resolved

hmm ok but how come i didnt have and update on the new bios?? i think we should have the same notification if the new bios is available already maybe u can help me on how to update mine to 306?

So, after updating my bios to 306 from 304, I also see a decent performance improvement in some titles, however one strange I noticed is in most games now my cpu clock speed stays at constant 3011 mhz only unless I use my custom power plan with max cpu frequency fixed to 3.8ghz