Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    ROG Enthusiast Array

that sounds like a hardware problem

The main problem is that it does this totally random, it's hard to replicate and do some tests...

ROG Member Array

i still have this issue,,, windows reset didn't work to me. already installed the latest driver still didn't resolve this issue. fluctuating sound

ROG Member Array

Iv got the same issue with my ROG GL504GS. Got it a few months back and seriously its a freakin annoying issue. When I reset the PC sound comes back and every thing is ok until I play a video steam it or play a game. So annoying. Have done every thing but no use the problem is still there.

Hi everyone.

Unfortunately I am also an user experiencing a similar annoying issue on the ASUS GL504GM. Here the details:

- the sound randomly disappears while playing from any kind of sources (chrome tab, windows media player, games);
    - sometimes it happens during playing, sometimes it happens just after starting windows;
    - I've noticed that it occurs extremely randomly; the only way to get back the sound it's to turn the speakers off and then back on, or activate the windows spatial sounds for headphones (even if no headphones are plugged in).
    - The issue doesn't appears during the ROG splashscreen at the very first boot of the PC (I can always hear the sound);
    - The driver installed currently is the REALTEK(R)AUDIO; I tried both the version on the ASUS support website but the issue persists; windows update installs the same driver so there's no way to try another driver.

The ASUS customer care suggested a full restoration of the system but I'm quite sure would not solve the issue since 90% (in my opinion) is related to the drivers.

Hope to find a solution with you and get some assistance from other users.
    Miniatura de Adjuntos Miniatura de Adjuntos devices.JPG  

speakers.JPG  

Last edited by filcon87; 12-29-2018 at 11:56 AM.

ROG Member Array

Hey everyone. Just wanted to update saying that I brought this to ASUS support and they're working on it now. I'll post again if they figure anything out, but I'm hoping it's not just a "hey, we can't do anything, send it back."

ROG Member Array

Well iv just got mine back from Asus today they diagnosed it to be a "driver corrupted" and that they fixed the issue and sent it back to me. I was eager to check it out but as soon as I played any sound on it the S***ty problem came back and im so angry on the whole situation. I did not buy this expensive A*****S laptop to find these frustrating issues and keep on trouble shooting them. I have replied them back that you have fixed S***T and tell me what do do now. Well in any case the issue is not yet fixed. Will be sending mine again to them till they fix the their mess. It seems the problem is something which needs to be look into but not a driver because any driver you install on the crappy laptop the sound fluctuates no matter what. Have to find the solution.
    Last edited by vaqar001; 01-01-2019 at 12:28 AM.

Hi everyone.

Some news about my issue. I tried to use DriverMax to be able to update the soundcard driver and finally got the last update of it.

After a few days it seems to be solved. I suggest to give it a try usign any automatical driver updater software.

ROG Member Array

Quote Originally Posted by filcon87 View Post
    Hi everyone.

Some news about my issue. I tried to use DriverMax to be able to update the soundcard driver and finally got the last update of it.

After a few days it seems to be solved. I suggest to give it a try usign any automatical driver updater software.
    Unfortunately this did not solve my issue Installed and rebooted, but no luck.

ROG Member Array

Well i somehow fixed it but not sure how

https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthrea...304#post753304

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast