New ROGer Array

GL703GM only ~8 months old very suddenly running extremely slowly

Recently I booted up my laptop and some windows popup said how it had to uninstall some update to boot up. This was where my extremely fast laptop turned to garbage. Now regular browsing sometimes gets laggy and I also struggle to get 30 fps in literally any game, and im out of ideas. I have tried: Reinstalling Windows, Changing numerous power settings, Changed many Nvidia graphics settings, Uninstalled some windows updates (before reinstalling windows), Reset my BIOS settings to default, Reinstalling the slowly running programs, and I tried installing older Nvidia drivers. I have also tried moving the games from my HDD to my SSD, but that had no effect.

Before whatever happened, I never had any problems getting over 120 fps on Fortnite at max settings, as well as got over 120 fps on Battlefield 4 on max settings with a high render scale. Also it does not appear there is any issue interally on the laptop. Now I am struggling to get 30 frames in Fortnite and only get 10 fps in BF4 with the same settings.

hi man when u said reinstalled windows, u did a clean ssd format?
    once i had my laptop running slow with high temperatures and cpu/gpu usage, then i saw a crypto mining program runing in backgroud. try to scan ur computer with malwarebytes and see if theres those kind of app runnig...
    good luck

ROG Guru: Orange Belt Array FULLMETALJACKET7's Avatar

You're probably running on the iGPU.

New ROGer Array

Quote Originally Posted by crispi420 View Post
    hi man when u said reinstalled windows, u did a clean ssd format?
    once i had my laptop running slow with high temperatures and cpu/gpu usage, then i saw a crypto mining program runing in backgroud. try to scan ur computer with malwarebytes and see if theres those kind of app runnig...
    good luck
    I am willing to try a full 100% clean windows reinstall, but im going to hold out on it as waiting and trying my other options first would be more convenient. I have done just about all the malware/virus related scanning I could, so I believe thats not the issue.

New ROGer Array

Quote Originally Posted by FULLMETALJACKET7 View Post
    You're probably running on the iGPU.
    Anyway to specifically know? Everything related to Nvidia is running properly, so I believe the GPU is working.

ROG Guru: White Belt Array

go to nvidia control panel and select High-Performance Nvidia Processor

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot_2.png 
Views:	0 
Size:	65.2 KB 
ID:	82693