Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8
Results 71 to 80 of 80
  1. #71
    New ROGer Array
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    3

    Quote Originally Posted by Fleeties View Post
    Sent my unit for repair here in the UK - I'll endeavour to update this thread with any updates / resolution. My issues are as described in this thread - thanks to everyone contributing with potential fixes. Nothing resolved the fluctuations almost certai. It is a hardware issue
    Thank you very much for the info, please keep us updated, so that we know what course of action to take.

  2. #72
    New ROGer Array
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    3

    Quote Originally Posted by katja View Post
    Thank you very much for the info, please keep us updated, so that we know what course of action to take.
    So far the company undertaking the repairs have notified me I may need to wait longer because they have to order the parts from ASUS. This would indicate it WAS a hardware issue (likely the right speaker) in my case

  3. #73
    New ROGer Array
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    3

    Quote Originally Posted by Fleeties View Post
    So far the company undertaking the repairs have notified me I may need to wait longer because they have to order the parts from ASUS. This would indicate it WAS a hardware issue (likely the right speaker) in my case
    Thank you for the reply. I will be able to send mine to the ASUS repair shop later this month, hopefully they fix my problem too. Hopefully your laptop comes back without any sound issues, let us know if it worked!

  4. #74
    ROG Enthusiast Array
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    26

    I just received the laptop from the repair center with the same problem in Australia, they did nothing and suggested me do to a fresh installation of windows 10. I did it, installed all of the drivers from Asus site, disabled windows driver update, and so far it has been 2 days and I have not osbeved the problem.

  5. #75
    New ROGer Array
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    3

    Resolved

    My unit has returned repaired ! For me it was a faulty right speaker which was replaced. I'll update again should any problems re-occur

  6. #76
    New ROGer Array
    Join Date
    Jul 2019
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    2

    I sent mine in a couple of weeks ago and got it back with a fresh new install even though I provided support with a login to test the issues. Laptop was still on the config page so I guess they didn't even check if a reinstall helped, first thing I did was install a game which had a lot of problems with sound and still had the same issue.

    Currently using a set of external speakers which doesn't give any issues at all. Noticed that a 309 bios version has just been released for the GL504GM going to try it out this evening. Also read up on other laptops having the same issue and they got it resolved when they reached bios version 310 so we might just need to be patient.

  7. #77
    New ROGer Array
    Join Date
    Jul 2019
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    2

    Installed the 309 bios update last week and it seemed to resolve the issue but I got fluctuating sounds again 4 days later when I turned the volume up. The issue doesn't come forward when keeping the volume low, seeing which speakers are actually in the laptop I think they're just bad quality they seem like smartphone speakers when searching up GL504GM spare parts on Google. Since they aren't overly expensive i'll try replacing them (which seems really easy, the connectors and way of attaching them are all easily accesible) but I won't be doing this for another month or two.

  8. #78
    New ROGer Array
    Join Date
    Nov 2018
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    1

    Lightbulb GL504GM built-in speaker volume fluctuating loud/soft

    Guys.. I've tried everything here with no resolve but, the other day noticed by accident, that when I opened up my laptop to upgrade to 32GB RAM the right hand side speaker was missing one of the orange rubber rings that holds the speaker to the base --- seems its all purpose is to absorb/cushion vibration.

    Did some research and found the rubber ring, installed it and seems it has finally WORKED!! so far a couple of days have passed with no issues... Wanted to share asap.. maybe it was a bad batch of notebooks that had that missing piece... who knows... anyway,

    I'm super HAPPY! Please share your findings if you have that rubber missing too. Good luck!

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Right Internal Speaker for The Asus ROG Strix Scar II Notebook.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	84.0 KB 
ID:	81152
    Last edited by lipemon; 07-26-2019 at 03:24 AM.

  9. #79
    New ROGer Array
    Join Date
    Jul 2019
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    1

    Sound Fluctuations GL504GM

    Quote Originally Posted by lipemon View Post
    Guys.. I've tried everything here with no resolve but, the other day noticed by accident, that when I opened up my laptop to upgrade to 32GB RAM the right hand side speaker was missing one of the orange rubber rings that holds the speaker to the base --- seems its all purpose is to absorb/cushion vibration.

    Did some research and found the rubber ring, installed it and seems it has finally WORKED!! so far a couple of days have passed with no issues... Wanted to share asap.. maybe it was a bad batch of notebooks that had that missing piece... who knows... anyway,

    I'm super HAPPY! Please share your findings if you have that rubber missing too. Good luck!

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Right Internal Speaker for The Asus ROG Strix Scar II Notebook.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	84.0 KB 
ID:	81152
    Hi! So i've been suffering from the same issue which was pretty much a pain to be honest as i had to RMA the laptop twice. Now i'm using external speakers as a precaution but i need to ask you where did you find the rubber? Is there any way to get it specifically from somewhere? Did it detach and is located internally maybe? Or should i straight up order a new right speaker? By the way i think the vibrations of the internal speakers from the previous two laptops i had caused some rattling to the right fan, never noticed the issue now that i'm using external speakers
    Last edited by DarthDrakos; 08-02-2019 at 01:08 PM.

  10. #80
    New ROGer Array
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    1

    Quote Originally Posted by lipemon View Post
    Guys.. I've tried everything here with no resolve but, the other day noticed by accident, that when I opened up my laptop to upgrade to 32GB RAM the right hand side speaker was missing one of the orange rubber rings that holds the speaker to the base --- seems its all purpose is to absorb/cushion vibration.

    Did some research and found the rubber ring, installed it and seems it has finally WORKED!! so far a couple of days have passed with no issues... Wanted to share asap.. maybe it was a bad batch of notebooks that had that missing piece... who knows... anyway,

    I'm super HAPPY! Please share your findings if you have that rubber missing too. Good luck!

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Right Internal Speaker for The Asus ROG Strix Scar II Notebook.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	84.0 KB 
ID:	81152
    Hi there! Thanks for your help.
    I'd love it if you could share a bit more information about how you fixed the issue (does it still work by the way?) - such as where you bought the rubber ring, and how exactly you put it in place? The issue's driving me crazy!

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •