cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RYUO vs new Corsair Platinum

jrrog1975
Level 7
Does anyone know if the Corsair h100 rgb platinum *performs any better than the Ryuo 240? *Specifically with a 9900k
2 REPLIES 2

Menthol
Level 14
I believe you can expect any AIO of the same radiator size to work very similar to another, either should work admirably.

mdzcpa
Level 12
jrrog1975 wrote:
Does anyone know if the Corsair h100 rgb platinum *performs any better than the Ryuo 240? *Specifically with a 9900k

I concur with Menthol for the most part. Cooling performance at the block will be very similar.

That said, I do like the Ryujin over the Corsair H115i I had due to the fan built into the pump housing. Some internet reviewers complained about the noise of this fan because it is pretty noisy and higher pitched when running at higher RPMs. However, I found that fan to be VERY useful in lowering my VRM temp and my M.2 SSD drive temp. Even at lower rpms, where the fan is not noisy, I see a drop of 8-10c on the VRM under extended cpu load times. Also the heat soak from the CPU socket and GPU caused to run my M.2 drive into the 55c range before but I'm also seeing a 6-8c drop on the M.2 with the Ryujin. I used to have a small fan on the VRMs and M.2 on my old build on the Hero IX. Not needed with the Ryujin.

EDIT - Sorry...my bad. I see you inquired about the RYUO. I suspect very similar performance all the way around. One thing about the RYUO, it does come with some great Noctua fans that offer far better CFM and static pressure over the fans that come with the Corsair Platinum. That might help performance.