cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ROG THOR 850W - Can't connect RGB to MAXIMUS XI GENE

ninezerofive
Level 10
So I don't understand, I thought THOR will come with the NODE to connect it to your motherboard, instead it comes with the 3 pin and another connector that I've never seen in my life. And since Maximus XI Gene comes 2x 4pin RGB HEADERS.

One would assume that ROG product will support another ROG product.

How do I connect it ? Do I need to get adapter ?
16 REPLIES 16

panzlock
Level 12
This is the 1200 Watt model:

Does your 850 have all the same connections?
I'd like to deploy my troops in her country.

Not as many but yes, the one connection on the left I have 2 wires that I can plug in there, addressable and this 3 pin.

How do I hook it up to Gene that has 2x 4pin RGB headers.

And this is what Gene has, how do I connect one of those 2 cables to one of these 2 headers ?

panzlock
Level 12
How many wires are leading to that connection node?

2 modular cables, one that 3 pin, one that addressable .

panzlock
Level 12
What do the Thor instructions say about that three pin connector, the one on the right in your pics?

Nothing, it is one of the worst written manuals, it just states the cables, and by that particular one it just says : rgb cable
It's not really a manual, it's like 3 pages.

That's it.

ninezerofive wrote:
Nothing, it is one of the worst written manuals, it just states the cables, and by that particular one it just says : rgb cable
It's not really a manual, it's like 3 pages.

That's it.

You'd need 3 pin to a 4 pin adapter but I don't think they sell those. My assumption is that you won't be able to control the LEDs. (I own the 1200W THOR). It's setup to only work with addressable headers.

btrach144 wrote:
You'd need 3 pin to a 4 pin adapter but I don't think they sell those. My assumption is that you won't be able to control the LEDs. (I own the 1200W THOR). It's setup to only work with addressable headers.

That's not cool on a product with such a price tag and available aesthetic functions.