cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Windows 10 failing to install on VROC array

dataphile_io
Level 7
Trying to install windows 10 on 4 Optane 905p 380gb SSD's in a raid 0 array. They are installed on an ASUS Hyper M2 x16 card on my first lane, the first lane has been set in BIOS to VROC x16. The array has been built properly, my previous disks have been removed, only the GPU and the M.2 array occupy the lanes currently. I cleared the secure boot keys I've set everything to UEFI only. When I load up the windows installer I've tried preloading the VROC drivers (you have to or the drive won't be visible to the installer) in a combination of all 4, and just the ones in the windows 8 subfolders on several separate install attempts. everything I've tried has yielded the same error message and code Windows cannot install required files. Make sure all files required for installation are available and restart the installation. Error code 0x800701E3
5 REPLIES 5

JustinThyme
Level 13
Which board are you running? Did you build an array in the BIOS?

“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity, I'm not sure about the former” ~ Albert Einstein

JustinThyme wrote:
Which board are you running? Did you build an array in the BIOS?

ROG Rampage VI extreme, yes it was built in BIOS.

JustinThyme
Level 13
Which F6 drivers are you loading? It takes two drivers to be loaded and Im trying to remember in which order.

iaStorE
iaVROC

I didnt create an array in the BIOS, just at the F6 prompt and the array later showed up in the BIOS.

Best source for the latest can be found on winraid. I have the ones I used from a year ago if you have a place for me to upload.

“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity, I'm not sure about the former” ~ Albert Einstein

that's what I can recall off the top of my head I've been at this for 3-4 days 😞

dataphile_io
Level 7
I do remember that the last time I set up VROC it but I can't remember the correct order this is what I've tried so far
just windows 8 subfolders
1st iaStorE
2nd iaVROC

Then I've formatted in the installed after a reset and tried the windows 7 subfolders in the same order
1st iaStorE
2nd iaVROC

I think I've tried the reverse as well.
I've also tried these combinations;

straight down the list
1st iaStorE win7
2nd iaStorE win 8
3rd iaVROC win 7
4th iaVROCwin 8

windows 7 first then windows 8
1st iaStorE win7
2nd iaVROC win 7