cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Irrational fear

feedmeink
Level 12
I have a custom waterloop with fan intake at the bottom of the case. Yesterday I was drinking a beer and set it next to the case. Couldn't help but Invision me spilling the beer and my 3,000 rpm noctua fans spraying the remains all over the inside of the case as I watch helplessly through the glass.
7 REPLIES 7

Arne_Saknussemm
Level 40
I know they are stout fans but I have to pint out that you would brewery unlucky for them to inhale a puddle of beer.

I doubt I'll test this theory out haha

xeromist
Not enough suction to lift liquid like that. If liquid splashes directly into the fan it would scatter it but I wouldn't worry about a puddle running underneath.
A bus station is where a bus stops. A train station is where a train stops. On my desk, I have a work station…

Korth
Level 14
Raise the case a little on top of rubber standoffs, lol, more intake airflow and less liquid fear.
"All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated and well supported in logic and argument than others." - Douglas Adams

[/Korth]

panzlock
Level 12
Beer is a gateway drug to whiskey......Enjoy!

And that is not an irrational fear. Once I got extremely plastered and you want to know what happened? .........Me too! 😞
I'd like to deploy my troops in her country.

Send me the beer.... problem solved

Dsr207 wrote:
Send me the beer.... problem solved

This is the worst solution I have ever heard. Form both a logistical and engineering point of view.
I'd like to deploy my troops in her country.