cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Recovery CD

Retired
Not applicable
I bought an ASUS Notebook 1001PXB back in early November. I recently got some Malware which i think is part of a Trojan Virus Agent. I can't find the file to delete it. So how can i get a Recovery CD to redo my whole system. I thought there was a folder that has the Recovery file in it where i can burn the recovery cd's but it isn't there. Can any of give me advice on what to do? Your help would be greatly appreciate it. Thanks.
4 REPLIES 4

xeromist
It used to be that you could press F9 when you first turn the laptop on and the ASUS logo appears to get the recovery menu. I haven't tried it with the most recent laptops so try that and let us know if it doesn't work for you.
A bus station is where a bus stops. A train station is where a train stops. On my desk, I have a work station…

Mason
Level 10
This model does ship with a hidden recovery partition that you can start by pressing F9 after powering on the system. If you haven't previously reinstalled an operating system and deleted the recovery partition then you should be able to use the F9 restore method to recover your system. See image below for F9 restore instructions.

Retired
Not applicable
ASUS stopped shipping with the recovery DVD in about March of 2010. If you need one you will find them in the ASUS eStore.

Ailsa00
Level 7
You can also take a look at this cd data recovery article, hope this helps!