Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9
    ROG Guru: White Belt Array

Guys please check my workaround on fixing this issue: https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthrea...867#post757867

I've totally fixed this problem with a very simple thing.

ROG Enthusiast Array

Quote Originally Posted by McCoy View Post
    Guys please check my workaround on fixing this issue: https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthrea...867#post757867

I've totally fixed this problem with a very simple thing.
    does it apply to GL504GM??

ROG Enthusiast Array

Vsparda, didnt you fix yours with bios 307? i tried the fix McCoy suggested but it did nothing for my GL504GS, i had even less fan speed and more throttling with it

ROG Enthusiast Array

Quote Originally Posted by Fullrom View Post
    Vsparda, didnt you fix yours with bios 307? i tried the fix McCoy suggested but it did nothing for my GL504GS, i had even less fan speed and more throttling with it
    it fixed mine with the new bios update for my GL504GM

ROG Enthusiast Array

So what are you still doing here XD shooooo!

ROG Enthusiast Array

Hey guys,

I did the 307 BIOS update but unfortunatly i cant see any changes. I have the Hero 2 with the GTX 1060. And playing BF V on Medium settings (Any settings change did not cause any temp improvement)

So far, i did undervolting (-85 with throttlestop), set the max. CPU performance State (plugged in) to 90%.
    MSI Afterburner, measuring temps between 85-90 degrees Celcius (CPU) after 30 min of Gaming (Utilization is around 80%). Causing massive frame drops, when the action is starting ingame. When I switched of Turboboost, the temps are at 70 degrees but i get also FPS drops. I think thats because the CPU cant run BF V properly when its not boosted? The clock speed is stuck at 2900MHz.
    The GPU on the other hand is totally fine, around 70 degrees and 70% utilization with 1800MHz clock. Nevertheless, MSI Afterburner shows me Power and Voltage Limitation constantly with the GPU. Maybe thats causing also the FPS drops?
    I heard something of, setting the TDP (Thermal Design Power) down? Is that trustworthy? But i cant find the intel dynamic platform thermal framework settings in my energy options where it might be able to change.

The first 2 or 3 weeks, the laptop was working perfectly fine and then literally over night, boom, massive FPS drops, High temps. During that time nothing was installed, which could cause the problems.

Thank you guys in advance

Regards
    Last edited by mp271901; 02-13-2019 at 05:12 AM.

ROG Enthusiast Array

Quote Originally Posted by mp271901 View Post
    Hey guys,

I did the 307 BIOS update but unfortunatly i cant see any changes. I have the Hero 2 with the GTX 1060. And playing BF V on Medium settings (Any settings change did not cause any temp improvement)

So far, i did undervolting (-85 with throttlestop), set the max. CPU performance State (plugged in) to 90%.
    MSI Afterburner, measuring temps between 85-90 degrees Celcius (CPU) after 30 min of Gaming (Utilization is around 80%). Causing massive frame drops, when the action is starting ingame. When I switched of Turboboost, the temps are at 70 degrees but i get also FPS drops. I think thats because the CPU cant run BF V properly when its not boosted? The clock speed is stuck at 2900MHz.
    The GPU on the other hand is totally fine, around 70 degrees and 70% utilization with 1800MHz clock. Nevertheless, MSI Afterburner shows me Power and Voltage Limitation constantly with the GPU. Maybe thats causing also the FPS drops?
    I heard something of, setting the TDP (Thermal Design Power) down? Is that trustworthy? But i cant find the intel dynamic platform thermal framework settings in my energy options where it might be able to change.

The first 2 or 3 weeks, the laptop was working perfectly fine and then literally over night, boom, massive FPS drops, High temps. During that time nothing was installed, which could cause the problems.

Thank you guys in advance

Regards
    I recorded the CPU and GPU with XTU while gaming BF V. (Link at the end of the text)
    The temps (green graphs) are not higher than 83 degrees, Nevertheless I got temp throttling for one time and a lot of power limit throttling expacially when the CPU is clocking down. I also had other tests where I didnt have any power limit throttling but a lot of temp throttling with only 82 degrees. Which I dont understand.
    CPU is undervolted by -85 and the BIOS was updated (307).

Any suggestions guys?

https://imgur.com/a/q1voYDu

ROG Enthusiast Array

Quote Originally Posted by Fullrom View Post
    So what are you still doing here XD shooooo!
    im the one who made this thread so u go not me hahah XD

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9