Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast
    ROG Enthusiast Array

Quote Originally Posted by ryannguyen9 View Post
    Did you solve the fps problem with your laptop? Man, I just bought this one for less than a week and 2060 is already been announced
    yep by updating the bios

ROG Enthusiast Array

Quote Originally Posted by FULLMETALJACKET7 View Post
    What was causing the issue in the first place? It just blows my mind that it would lag only because it wasn't on a flat surface, I mean, what does that has to do with the system performance? lol
    you will not believe it also dude at first i thought it was a joke but when i updated my bios to 306 i encountered it also so now i updated my bios again to 307 and the problem is solved

ROG Junior Member Array

Quote Originally Posted by ryannguyen9 View Post
    https://drive.google.com/drive/folde...3fIKl5tsDcdnlt
    Here the link, it's unofficial. If you can wait till ASUS finnaly release it.
    Has anyone updated to the 307 bios using this link? i really want to fix some annoying problems of this laptop, but i'm also afraid to brick somehow this 1600$ machine...

ROG Enthusiast Array

Quote Originally Posted by durus.mihai View Post
    Has anyone updated to the 307 bios using this link? i really want to fix some annoying problems of this laptop, but i'm also afraid to brick somehow this 1600$ machine...
    yep i did upgrade my bios to this one

ROG Guru: Orange Belt Array FULLMETALJACKET7's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vsparda View Post
    you will not believe it also dude at first i thought it was a joke but when i updated my bios to 306 i encountered it also so now i updated my bios again to 307 and the problem is solved
    Where did you find that bios file that fixed the issue? I wanna go to the source. I'm just really curious to find out what was causing the issue in the first place. Does it have some kind of sensor that for some reason triggers something when you lean it? That's the only thing I can think of, and it still makes no sense lol My mind is blown, but I'm sure there's a simple explanation for it.

I have an old Lenovo y510p (SLI gt750m) and it would overheat like crazy and throttle if you leaned it more than like 45 degrees. I think it has something to do with how the heatpipes works... I don't know. Computers can be weird sometimes heh

ROG Guru: Orange Belt Array FULLMETALJACKET7's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by durus.mihai View Post
    If you wanna play on the safe side, buy an SPI programmer (it's like 5 bucks), make a dump of your bios chip and flash the modded one. If anything goes wrong, just flash the dump back and you're good to go.

ROG Member Array

Quote Originally Posted by FULLMETALJACKET7 View Post
    Where did you find that bios file that fixed the issue? I wanna go to the source. I'm just really curious to find out what was causing the issue in the first place. Does it have some kind of sensor that for some reason triggers something when you lean it? That's the only thing I can think of, and it still makes no sense lol My mind is blown, but I'm sure there's a simple explanation for it.

I have an old Lenovo y510p (SLI gt750m) and it would overheat like crazy and throttle if you leaned it more than like 45 degrees. I think it has something to do with how the heatpipes works... I don't know. Computers can be weird sometimes heh
    I also experienced this issue and could hardly believe a flat surface would solve it, but it seems like it does.
    What's even more mindboggling is the fact that a biosupdate somehow adresses this issue, as this seems more hardware related.

My initial thought was that the heatsensor is close to the back of laptop, and tilting it would make the hot air have to go up and somehow have more of an impact on the temperature it registers, but if this was the case, the BIOS update surely woudln't fix this.

ROG Enthusiast Array

gl504gs

Hi,

I own the GL504GS and as many other owners im encountering a faulty internal cooling system where fans dont pick up properly or the heat sensor is not working as intended. reaching throttling after 2min of gaming. I downloaded the 305 official bios but it didnt do anything except actually raise the throttling cap so i actually recorded 98°C temps with the new bios. Is the unofficial 307 bios working on the 504gs as well??

thanks in advance

Banned Array JustinThyme PC Specs
    JustinThyme PC Specs
    Laptop (Model)G752VY-DH72
    MotherboardRampage VI Extreme
    ProcessorI9 9940X
    Memory (part number)64GB DDR4 8x8 Corsair Dominator Platinum 3800 MHz @ C17
    Graphics Card #1ASUS Strix 2080Ti O11G @ 2.1GHz
    Graphics Card #2ASUS Strix 2080Ti O11G @ 2.1Ghz
    Graphics Card #3ROG Nvlink
    Graphics Card #4Have to feed animals
    Sound CardExternal Audioengine D1 24 bit 192kbps DAC
    MonitorASUS PG348Q @ 100Hz
    Storage #1Intel 905P 480GB U2 flavor
    Storage #2Samsung 850 EVO 1TB X2 in RAID 0, 960 PRO 1TB DIMM.2_1
    CPU CoolerHeatKiller IV PRO and VRM blocks ,Dual D5 PWM serial, 2X 480, 1X 360 RADS
    CasePhanteks Enthoo Elite 8X LL120 PWM, 3X LL140 PWM, 12 SP120 PWM 1x AF140 PWM
    Power SupplyCorsair AX 1500i
    Keyboard ASUS Claymore
    Mouse ASUS Spatha, Logitech MX Master
    Headset Sennheiser HD 700
    Mouse Pad ASUS ROG Sheath
    Headset/Speakers Audioengine A5+ with SVS SB-1000 Sub
    OS Win10 Pro 1809
    Network RouterNetGear NightHawk X10
    Accessory #1 NetGear Prosafe 10GBe Switch
    Accessory #2 Qnap TVS-682 NAS modded with I7 CPU

I’d like to understand this scenario. 2FPS drop? if it’s a drop from 4FPS I get it. If it’s a drop from 100FPS I don’t even get the presentation for resolution. A lot of variables affect small changes. Background processes utilization being one of the biggest culprits.*

ROG Enthusiast Array

Quote Originally Posted by JustinThyme View Post
    I’d like to understand this scenario. 2FPS drop? if it’s a drop from 4FPS I get it. If it’s a drop from 100FPS I don’t even get the presentation for resolution. A lot of variables affect small changes. Background processes utilization being one of the biggest culprits.*
    I'm assuming he meant 2 as in HERO 2 and not 2 fps drop, i mean wouldn't you as well?
    Granted the initial post is an ocean of poverty with only one line floating around, he could have given much more information.

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast