cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No display when video goes to sleep and wakes - Asus Strix 1070ti?

boe_d
Level 7
Hello,

I just replaced my 980TI with a 1070ti (so I could put my 980ti in a second PC). Something is different in behavior as the only thing I replaced was my video card. i did not modify power settings. I used to press space on my keyboard and my screen would come up. Now I have to turn off and on my monitors. Any guess?

1070ti has the current firmware and windows drivers.
8 REPLIES 8

Xeretrax
Level 8
boe_d wrote:
Hello,

I just replaced my 980TI with a 1070ti (so I could put my 980ti in a second PC). Something is different in behavior as the only thing I replaced was my video card. i did not modify power settings. I used to press space on my keyboard and my screen would come up. Now I have to turn off and on my monitors. Any guess?

1070ti has the current firmware and windows drivers.

What about the NVIDIA drivers? Did you try re-installing those?

Xeretrax wrote:
What about the NVIDIA drivers? Did you try re-installing those?

I updated the drivers when I had the issue with the new card.

panzlock
Level 12
Try disabling the following in sequence should one not work:

1.) Disable auto detect in monitor settings.

2.) Disable link state power management in power options.

3.) Disable PLL Overvoltage in BIOS.
I'd like to deploy my troops in her country.

panzlock wrote:
Try disabling the following in sequence should one not work:

1.) Disable auto detect in monitor settings.

2.) Disable link state power management in power options.

3.) Disable PLL Overvoltage in BIOS.

Thanks for the help!

I don't know how to change the auto detect in the monitor settings (are you talking about put the monitor power settings to never?

I don't know how to disable pll overvoltage in bios. I installed the asus tweak UI but I'm not finding it in there - it might be there but I don't know how to do anything with it.

Flip through the buttons on your monitor and look for it. If not there you might have to tinker with your OS registry (assuming Windows 10): https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/disabling-monitor-auto-detecti...

When booting, press the Del or F2 keys until the BIOS screen pops up. Once there click on advanced settings (or F7) and got to Ai Tweaker. Set OFF in the drop down menu where it says PLL Overvoltage. Be aware, this will affect your overclock if you have one so if you don't want to lose that extra little OC it's best to leave this On/Auto.

panzlock wrote:
Flip through the buttons on your monitor and look for it. If not there you might have to tinker with your OS registry (assuming Windows 10): https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/disabling-monitor-auto-detecti...

When booting, press the Del or F2 keys until the BIOS screen pops up. Once there click on advanced settings (or F7) and got to Ai Tweaker. Set OFF in the drop down menu where it says PLL Overvoltage. Be aware, this will affect your overclock if you have one so if you don't want to lose that extra little OC it's best to leave this On/Auto.

Thanks - I don't have an asus motherboard so I don't think I'll have aitweaker in my bios but I'll check.

That's right. This is for ASUS based MB's. Maybe your manufacturers MB has something similar that could be affecting bed time.

Turning off the monitor power setting in windows powercfg does technically resolve the issue. On another forum they say this is a known issue with this card and they are working on it. Something to do with some of the newer nvidia drivers.