cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dimm.2 SSD not detected

Contempt
Level 7
I'm trying to install w10 on my new assembled PC with the Maximus XI extreme motherboard and a Samsung 970 EVO 1tb ssd, but windows installer wont detected the m.2 drive, is there some settings in the bios I have to change to detect it?
I tried to access the m.2 mounting points underneath the chipset heatsink instead, but the screws are fitted so tight I gave up already.
Appreciate the help!
5 REPLIES 5

LeChat
Level 8
Yes, you have to enable it in the BIOS first. If i remember correctly it's in the CPU PCIE mode config.

Hope this helps,

Cheers!

L

Contempt
Level 7
It worked!!!!! Thankyou thankyou thankyou <3!

LeChat
Level 8
Glad i could help. Little reminder, if you use DIMM.2, your graphic card gonna run at x8 instead of x16. Should not make much of a difference.

Cheers!

L

LeChat wrote:
Glad i could help. Little reminder, if you use DIMM.2, your graphic card gonna run at x8 instead of x16. Should not make much of a difference.

Cheers!

L

Hi!just saw this post and want to know if I use two M.2 in DIMM.2 slot, will two of my Graphic cards be running on X8 or X8 + X4 config? I have Maximus XI extreme MOBO. I plan to run two Nvidia 2080Ti Fe's on NVLINK.

Rgds
Sajeev*

JustinThyme
Level 13
Download, iinstall and run crystalmarks drive bench test. You should be getting around 3500MB/S sequential reads. Just to verify the rest is set up correctly and it running at full speed.

“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity, I'm not sure about the former” ~ Albert Einstein