cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Speed fan and maximus x?

Guitarmageddon1
Level 9
I've read some posts here and there saying speed fan is not compatible with the latest boards. Is anyone using it? I installed it the other day and it acted quite odd so I said F it. I've been trying to doctor the whole case fan spinning up quickly issue, and not obeying step ups in the bios.

Another big thing I wanted input on is: does anyone know if it's possible to tie case fans to GPU temps as desired? None of the Asus software does, and I think speedfan is the only option?
3 REPLIES 3

andyc26
Level 7
Guitarmageddon888 wrote:
I've read some posts here and there saying speed fan is not compatible with the latest boards. Is anyone using it? I installed it the other day and it acted quite odd so I said F it. I've been trying to doctor the whole case fan spinning up quickly issue, and not obeying step ups in the bios.

Another big thing I wanted input on is: does anyone know if it's possible to tie case fans to GPU temps as desired? None of the Asus software does, and I think speedfan is the only option?

I've had issues trying to setup Speedfan in the past so I left it alone. I can't remember exactly what they were though, sorry. Argusmonitor seemed more reliable before my trial ran out when I first got my MXH.

AISuite 3 has the option to use GPU temps, but only if you have an Asus video card as far as I know.

andyc26 wrote:
I've had issues trying to setup Speedfan in the past so I left it alone. I can't remember exactly what they were though, sorry. Argusmonitor seemed more reliable before my trial ran out when I first got my MXH.

AISuite 3 has the option to use GPU temps, but only if you have an Asus video card as far as I know.

Thanks for the input. I heard recommendations for Argus then checked their site out yesterday. It looks a lot like a SMART tool and general system utility though so I'm not sure if it does me any good.

Deepcuts
Level 10
Was a maniac with controlling fan speeds.
Now BIOS is more than OK. No reason for extra programs.