cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Freezing Rampage VI Extreme Randomly Freezing!

Epic-Shot
Level 7
My system Randomly Freezes and I cant find any reason why. Bios is updated to 1603 and all latest drivers. Does anyone no what I can do?

Here is my spec's

Processor: Intel Core i9-7920X
Motherboard: ASUS ROG RAMPAGE VI EXTREME
System Memory: DOMINATOR® PLATINUM 64GB (4 x 16GB) DDR4 3200MHz
Power Supply: 1200W Corsair AX1200i
Storage Set 1: 1x SSD M.2 (1TB Samsung 970 PRO)
Storage Set 2: 1x SSD M.2 (1TB Samsung 970 PRO)
Graphics Card(s): NvLink 4Sot Nvidia's GeForce RTX 2080 Ti 11GB (Founders Edition)
Custom Cooling System (2x Graphics Cards + CPU)
Reservoir Pump Combo: EK-XRES Reservoir Pump Combo D5
Radiator: XSPC EX Radiators EX560mm Quad Fan Radiator, EX420mm Triple Fan Radiator, and EX280mm Dual Fan Radiator
Water Block GPU: 2X EK-Vector RTX 2080 Ti RGB - Nickel + Plexi
Water Block GPU: Back Plate: EK-FB ASUS ROG R6E RGB Monoblock – Nickel EK-Vector
Water Block GPU: Terminal: EK-FC Terminal X4 – Plexi
Water Block CPU: EK-FB ASUS ROG R6E RGB Monoblock – Nickel
Chassis Fans: Corsair ML PRO Series (15 Fans Total)
Corsair Commander pro x 3
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 Professional (64-Bit Edition)
19 REPLIES 19

restsugavan
Level 13
Epic-Shot wrote:
My system Randomly Freezes and I cant find any reason why. Bios is updated to 1603 and all latest drivers. Does anyone no what I can do?

Here is my spec's

Processor: Intel Core i9-7920X
Graphics Card(s): NvLink 4Sot Nvidia's GeForce RTX 2080 Ti 11GB (Founders Edition)
Radiator: XSPC EX Radiators EX560mm Quad Fan Radiator, EX420mm Triple Fan Radiator, and EX280mm Dual Fan Radiator
Water Block GPU: Back Plate: EK-FB ASUS ROG R6E RGB Monoblock – Nickel EK-Vector

Oftenly Checking your RAM stick first.:o Trying to XMP setting.
W11CANARY 26085.1 Core i9 7980XE 02007006 MCE ME 11.12.95.2499 R6E OFFICIAL BIOS 3801 SAMSUNG OG9 FW 1019.0 SSD 970 EVO PLUS 1 TB x 3 NVIDIA RTX 4090 GAME READY 551.86 64GB GSKILL DDR4 3200MHz JBL 9.1 Sound Bar DTS-X

restsugavan wrote:

That was the First thing I did! That did nothing to solve the issue. Ran Memorytest86

Epic-Shot wrote:
That was the First thing I did! That did nothing to solve the issue. Ran Memorytest86

Testing with single GPU once with Realbench ?
W11CANARY 26085.1 Core i9 7980XE 02007006 MCE ME 11.12.95.2499 R6E OFFICIAL BIOS 3801 SAMSUNG OG9 FW 1019.0 SSD 970 EVO PLUS 1 TB x 3 NVIDIA RTX 4090 GAME READY 551.86 64GB GSKILL DDR4 3200MHz JBL 9.1 Sound Bar DTS-X

restsugavan wrote:
Testing with single GPU once with Realbench ?

I ran just one GPU for about 3 hours and froze and ran it with 3dmark benchmark fire strike and it runs outstanding, I run 3dmark fire strike extreme stress test and I get 93% not pass but I run fire strike extreme bench scores outstanding but yet system freeze either one or two cards. with O.C and without out OC on CPU and GPU'S. This is driving me crazy! I have also run Cinebench and Heaven and they run outstanding and I don't freeze at all running any of these bench marks. It will freeze at the funniest times like at idle and just doing web surfing or after I get done playing a game like bo4. its sooooo random.

restsugavan wrote:

I ran Memorytest86 last night with everything in default, Froze on pass 3, 4 hours and 43 min with no errors! System just locks up!!!

JustinThyme
Level 13
Is BIOS set for optimized defaults?
Stupid question but is GPUs in correct slots?
Have you tried starting with one stick of ram and adding the others one at a time?
Are the sticks in the correct slots?

“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity, I'm not sure about the former” ~ Albert Einstein

JustinThyme wrote:
Have you tried starting with one stick of ram and adding the others one at a time?

Bios tried OC and Bios defaults----same issue

Yes GPU is in both 16x 1 and 3 witch makes it a 4 slot, I have NVlink bridge 4 slot

yes I have tried 1 stick, two sticks and then 4 sticks in the gray slots like manual says to do.

I even tried running them in the dark gray but it wont boot up.

JustinThyme wrote:

Could you Help me with screen shots of all your settings in Bios maybe Im missing something? I tried 1.200 and 1.210 volts and 46 on all cores temps are running 40 to 60c

JustinThyme wrote:

hey bro could you help me out? System NOT stable at optimized default only

I keep getting random Freezing and every time I would check my memory with 2 or 4 sticks it would just freeze using memorytest86, I testing one stick at a time and no issues in each slot 1A,1B,1C,1D but every time I run 2 or 4 it freezes on optimized default only with out XMP and With XMP. NO O.C on CPU! Check specs and see what I did.

Here is my spec's

Processor: Intel Core i9-7920X Bio's 1603

I got system stable and Pass MemoryTest86 on 4 passes 8 Hours later with all 4 sticks 1A,1B,1C and 1D. Without freezing during test and without freezing on windows, Here is what I did.

OC CPU First, 47 and Volts to 1.210 this alone will not help. I had to adjust AVX offset until I found a stable set point. I found 10 stable.

AVX Instruction Core Ratio Negative Offset: This setting reduces CPU core frequencies by the applied value when an AVX workload is run. The thermal output of AVX workloads is an order of magnitude higher than for non-AVX workloads.

Then after I got CPU stable, I enabled XMP Running temps 50c to 70c

That got me to a point that system is stable and I could run 4 passes on memorytest86 without freezing.

I have no idea why my system will not run stable at optimized default only.

Do I have a bad board or CPU? I don't understand why I have to Keep a OC on at all times?