cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GL503VM GPU Thermal Throttling at 92C

Dannert
Level 7
Hi everyone,
I've got a GL503VM (i7-7700HQ, GTX1060 + 120Hz) for ~9 months and the GPU is thermal throttling,
When it was new it wasn't throttling. I've already Updated my BIOS, undervolted my CPU, undervolted my GPU (tried it with MSI Afterburner, EVGA Precision XOC, & GPU Tweak II), underclocked my GPU, cleaned out the fans.
but it didn't help. The fan mode is on Overboost and with every game i play it is throttling at 91C~92C even with a downclock & undervolt.

I still haven't got a solution for my problem.
The only thing thats left is a repaste. But i haven't tried that because i'm not sure if that fixes it.

CPU temps:
Idle 60C~70C
Under load 85C~95C

GPU temps:
Idle 60C~70C
Under load 91C~92C

(my first post btw)
3 REPLIES 3

Gdcr7
Level 7
same, both of my cpu and gpu are throttling.
hoping to repaste mine but i'm too scared.
sry for necro

TimeLion724
Level 8
Depending on how long you've had your laptop for, you might have to do some hardware maintenance, and a repaste is needed. Also, the problem could have started because your air vents for your GPU is blocked and doesn't not get good airflow.
" The speed of the fallen one does not change..."

GUIDE TO FIXING BSOD ERRORS

TimeLion724 wrote:
Depending on how long you've had your laptop for, you might have to do some hardware maintenance, and a repaste is needed. Also, the problem could have started because your air vents for your GPU is blocked and doesn't not get good airflow.

i'm afraid to brick my laptop when i try to repaste it, is there any common mistakes that noobs do that you can point out?
can i just bring my laptop with my paste to an Asus center?
iam afraid of static electricity but i still couldn't understand throughly about what should i avoid when repasting / touching a cpu and gpu