cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Maximus XI Extreme - Sealed Box?

rjbarker
Level 11
Recieved my Maximus XI - E from online purchase "Memory Express" here in Canada.
Couple of questions:

- Is the actual product box normally come with tamper proof seals (mine had no seals on the box).
- Should the board come with a S/N Sticker on the Board itself ? (Product, Model and S/N sticker was only present on the box).
- There are a couple of stickers on the Board itself, but the Code Numbers / Letters don't match any of the sticker numbers (Model, S/N or product) on the box.

Pardon my ignorance, but the last Board I purchased was almost 5 yrs ago (Rampage IV Extreme) and that box came sealed in plastic from the the supplier.

The board looks fine and Im waiting for one more part prior to assembling on my bench for first boot.....

Thanks
5 REPLIES 5

Menthol
Level 14
ASUS does not seal there packaging so no issue there.
I believe there should be a S/N on the board, maybe it is hidden under a heatsink or I/O cover where it cannot be seen, I am not sure

dingo99
Level 10
Not sure if it's the same on the Extreme, but on my Formula, the S/N sticker (which matches the S/N on the box) is on the bottom of the motherboard, near the CPU backplate.

Yep wondered the same on my code. I don't like that

Guitarmageddon888 wrote:
Yep wondered the same on my code. I don't like that

Yeah, I expect they are doing it for a reason, and you can easily speculate on what that is.

ROG Hero XIII | 10900k @5.2 GHz | g.skill 2x32GB 4200 CL18 | ROG Strix 2070S | EK Nucleus 360 Dark | 6TB SSD/nvme, 16TB external HDD | 2x 1440p | Vanatoo speakers with Klipsch sub | Fractal Meshify 2 case

rjbarker
Level 11
I
ll have another look but I see no S/N sticker that matches the box anywhere on this Board..