cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reinstalled Windows 7 after virus crash... need help with drivers

TheBLC84
Level 7
I reinstalled windows 7 after I had a virus crash. Now all of my drivers are messed up because I didn't want to pay the $50 from asus to get the recovery cd and now I need help getting everything back to factory settings... stuff works but it isnt recognizing my graphics card and such... could someone point me in the direction on which drivers I need? I have a G73JH-BST7 A1... it is the one from best buy from a year or so ago. I know how to install drivers and everything I just need help making sure I get the right ones. Thank you in advance.
8 REPLIES 8

houndazs
Level 9
Got to the ASUS website and download the drivers for your laptop from there. There is no cost for this. Install the drivers in the below order:

1. Chipset
2. Network LAN
3. Network WiFi
4. Video
5. Audio
6. USB 3.0
7. The rest is up to you.

Here is the link to the drivers you need. Just select your Operating System from the dropdown.

http://support.asus.com/Download.aspx?SLanguage=en&m=G73Jh&p=3&s=252

-ASUS Rampage IV Extreme
-Intel i7-3930k @4.42GHz
-16GB CORSAIR DOMINATOR GT 2133MHz
-Corsair Force Series GT SSD 240GB
- 2x 3TB WD Caviar Black (RAID 1)
- XFX ProSeries 1250W PSU
-3x ASUS VE248Q 24" Monitor
- 2x XFX 7970R
- Xigmatek Elysium Black Case
- CORSAIR H100 CPU Cooler
- Logitech G500 Mouse

houndazs wrote:
Install the drivers in the below order:
1. Chipset
2. Network LAN
3. Network WiFi
4. Video
5. Audio
6. USB 3.0
7. The rest is up to you.

does it make sense? because i always installing as i want...im asking cause u might know better 🙂
thanks

Bekarasha wrote:
does it make sense? because i always installing as i want...im asking cause u might know better 🙂
thanks

The chipset should always come first. The ATK package doesn't have to be last, but I recommend it, since the ATK hooks with some of the other drivers and installs better if those drivers are already present.

Beyond that, the order isn't especially important. I always do chipset, RST, and MEI first, the others as I remember them, and then the ATK.

How is the fresh install coming along? I've been thinking of doing the same thing myself with my G73JH (minus the virus crash), but am holding off until I'm certain that all the resources are available to do it properly. I've read that the turboboost driver software can't be installed except from the driver application cd (which it seems like neither of us have). Have you ran into any performance issues in relation to this?

OP, doing the same thing. How's it going?

My Intel Centrino Adv-N + WiMax 6250 says it has no driver under Device Manager...yet I've installed the driver suite.

TruFloridaGator wrote:
My Intel Centrino Adv-N + WiMax 6250 says it has no driver under Device Manager...yet I've installed the driver suite.

The WIMAX driver is not included in the Intel WLAN driver packages. Are you sure it's not just the WIMAX component that says it's not installed? (If you don't use WIMAX internet service, it's best to just disable that anyway.....don;t bother installing the driver.)

BrodyBoy wrote:
The WIMAX driver is not included in the Intel WLAN driver packages. Are you sure it's not just the WIMAX component that says it's not installed? (If you don't use WIMAX internet service, it's best to just disable that anyway.....don;t bother installing the driver.)

It cleared up on reboot. Thanks

BrodyBoy
Level 10
I would add the following to that list:

Intel RST
Intel MEI
Touchpad manufacturer's driver
Asus ATK Package

Installing the ATK Package last seems to best ensure that it works properly with the other drivers.