cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

1.312 VCCIO by default on Maximus XI Hero (And other problems)

Crimson_Specter
Level 7
So I noticed that when kept on Auto, the motherboard was supplying 1.312 VCCIO voltage to my 9900K. I searched and found similar cases, and people strongly recommended that it should be reduced to 1.2-1.25 max, and I did reduce it to 1.216, and everything is running fine. So is a 1.312 Voltage too high for VCCIO? and is there a reason that ASUS is using that as a default on its boards? I had MCE off, and XMP set to I, and no overclock on the CPU.

The other issue I have is that I can't seem to change the logo of boot screen on my Maximus XI Hero CoD 4 Edition board, I tried the ASUS MyLogo utility, and triple checked that I followed all the instructions correctly, but the logo never changes, and I always see the Call Of Duty BO4 Text and logo whenever I boot up.

The PC is also double/triple booting all the time, but I have created a separate thread for that.
2 REPLIES 2

Silent_Scone
Super Moderator
With XMP and subsequent memory overclock applied the motherboard rules scale VCCIO voltage. These rules are based on worst case to ensure stability.

1.3V VCCIO isn't unsafe levels of voltage, however, better samples will be stable with less at high memory frequencies (as you've discovered).

Double/triple booting is normal behavior based on UEFI config/memory settings. You can enable MRC Fast Boot once memory stability has been checked to speed up the POST process.
13900KS / 8000 CAS36 / ROG APEX Z790 / ROG TUF RTX 4090

Thanks for the informative and helpful reply, +rep