cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ROG Ryujin 360 - Internal Fan Question - Urgent

Devjam
Level 7
Hello @all

i have done the setup with the ROG Ryujin 360.

Using different Fans insteed of the Noctuna Industrial Fans. ( Thermaltek Riing RGB Plus Premium )

My problem is if i dont use the attached Fan adapter from the AOI Pump i can not make the internal Mini FAN Silent !
Its allway on 100% and very loud 😞

What i figured out is first time i have used it with the Noctuna Fans attached to the FAN adapter from the AIO Pump. I could see the FAN curves in FAN EXPERT.

It is possible if i dont use this 3 pin adapter for the fans direct from the pump i can not adjust the speed of this mini FAN inside the AIO Pump ?

Its penetrating me 😞 😞

Greetings
Devjam
8 REPLIES 8

Devjam
Level 7
Yesterday i found the solution i guess 🙂

If you setup the AIO first time with attached fans you can adjust the internal fan the pump and the external fans.
I think there is a safe function what keeps the setting saved.
If you AIO is not attache to the powersuply it will lose the saved settings after a certaine time.

So i have attached 1 fan to adjust the internal fan => pluged out the external Fan => internal Fan is still under controll with the saved settings.

What i need to check or test is unplug the powersuply and see if the settings get lost.

Can anyone from the ROG Team confirm this or explain how this is working ?

Greetings
Devjam

Devjam wrote:
Yesterday i found the solution i guess 🙂

If you setup the AIO first time with attached fans you can adjust the internal fan the pump and the external fans.
I think there is a safe function what keeps the setting saved.
If you AIO is not attache to the powersuply it will lose the saved settings after a certaine time.

So i have attached 1 fan to adjust the internal fan => pluged out the external Fan => internal Fan is still under controll with the saved settings.

What i need to check or test is unplug the powersuply and see if the settings get lost.

Can anyone from the ROG Team confirm this or explain how this is working ?

Greetings
Devjam

I don't know if anyone here will be able to give you a definitive answer. So far I haven't seen a lot of detail on this product. But your experience does seem consistent with the youtuber Jayztwocents. He had a broken fan plug and used separate fans for his testing. He found the internal fan to be uncontrollable as well.
A bus station is where a bus stops. A train station is where a train stops. On my desk, I have a work station…

mdzcpa
Level 12
I have the Ryujin 360 and can currently control all the fans. I will disconnect the Noctua fans and see if I lose control of the pump house fan. I will report back.

Question: Do you have the USB cable connected to the motherboard?

Also, why not connect the new fans you have to the AIO cooler for control through Fan Expert?

Devjam
Level 7
Hello Thanks for your Feedbacks 🙂

I know this product is new. Thats why i trying to share the expirience.

1. I have attached Thermalthek Riing Fans ( 9x pices )
2. This 9 Fans are connected over the Thermalthek RGB / PWM controller ( you have to buy is additional 25$ )
3. Connect the Thermalthek controller to the Fan Controls on your motherboard ( PWM 3x Fan => 1 Adapter to plug )
4. Organize the software setup all what you need and want. ( during this process i have attached 1x Fan direct to the AIO pump to make the adjustment )
5. Plug out the Fan use the other 9 Fans over AI Suit incl. the Fan inside the AOI.

Hope this helps if not please let me know :))

Greetings
Devjam

jolol
Level 7
Devjam wrote:
Hello @all

Using different Fans insteed of the Noctuna Industrial Fans. ( Thermaltek Riing RGB Plus Premium )

My problem is if i dont use the attached Fan adapter from the AOI Pump i can not make the internal Mini FAN Silent !

What i figured out is first time i have used it with the Noctuna Fans attached to the FAN adapter from the AIO Pump. I could see the FAN curves in FAN EXPERT.

It is possible if i dont use this 3 pin adapter for the fans direct from the pump i can not adjust the speed of this mini FAN inside the AIO Pump ?

Its penetrating me 😞 😞

Greetings
Devjam

That internal Mini FAN is humming irritatingly. I wish I went another route, like air-cooler. I just want to deactivate that internal Mini FAN. I have read your posts but I can't figure out yet, how to deactivate that noisy internal Mini FAN. Ouch!

jolol wrote:
That internal Mini FAN is humming irritatingly. I wish I went another route, like air-cooler. I just want to deactivate that internal Mini FAN. I have read your posts but I can't figure out yet, how to deactivate that noisy internal Mini FAN. Ouch!

*Have you loaded AI Suite? * If so, you will have a separate fan curve to control the pumphouse fan. *The other fan curve will be for all of the *radiator fans together

Yes, I have installed AI Suite, and thinker with it everyday. I'll try your suggestion. Thanks!

1mluer
Level 11
Devjam wrote:
Hello @all

Its penetrating me 😞 😞

Greetings
Devjam

I plan on adding the Riing Plus Premium fans too but they will go into a push pull configuration with the Noctua fans that come with the cooler. the noctua will be pulling air out of the case through the radiator and the Riing Plus fans will be in the prominent display position pushing air through the radiator.

I get a double benefit - Even Better cooling and awesome RGB.

the Riing plus fans will be controlled via Ring Plus RGB software with similar fan curve as set for the noctua's in AI Suite..

Win / Win in my book. Just install the standard fans for the 360 like normal just make them push or pull depending on how you need to use them.

Also issue solved with run away internal fan 🙂
InWin 909 Silver RGB build
i9-10900k
ROG Maximus XII Apex
ROG Matrix 2080 ti
Gskill Trident Royal 4400 16g

Everything overclocked and love it.
ROG Awesomeness !!!!