Level 7
Hi,

first, my Hardware:

M-XI-E with 0602 BIOS
i7-9700k
2 x HyperX DDR4-4133
2 x SAMSUNG NVMe 960 EVO sitting on DIMM.2-Card

What i've reached so far:

The Samsungs appear under Advanced - NVMe, but i cannot build a RAID. U cannot select them. I attached 2 Screens.

Can u plz help me? Any ideas?7757477575

Additional Info:

There is 1 Card in PCIEX1_1 and 1 Card in PCIEX16_3

4 SATA-Drives are connected, too: In Ports 1,2,5 and 6.
10 REPLIES 10

G75rog
Level 10
Did you look in the User, Bios, and Raid Configuration manuals for your MB?

Refer to page 4-1 it says to go here.https://www.asus.com/Motherboards/ROG-MAXIMUS-XI-EXTREME/HelpDesk_Manual/

Download this
Version E14794
2018/09/21 update 4.58 MBytes
RAID_Configuration_Guide User’s Manual ( English )

DOOMy
Level 7
Yes, i had a look on all manuals and i have followed all of these guides, and on my M-9-APEX i had a running RAID, but on my new M-11-E it won't work. As you can see, the disks appear in nvme-configuration, but i can't select them in RAID-Configuration. I guess, it is only a little step...but i can't see it 😞

btrach144
Level 7
Why are you running them off of PCI cards and not directly from the PCH M.2 slots?

Anyways, if you're going to do that, you need to go to Advanced>CPU Storage Configuration and set the PCIE slots to PCIE X4 SSD Card.

DOOMy
Level 7
There is no Menu "CPU Storage Configuration" 😞 The Manuals also doesn't show this menu.

Have you tried to disconnect all Sata drives then set up tried with only the nvme drives? I can not check my self still waiting for my nvme drives to get here.

DOOMy
Level 7
Did test all your tips now at home...nothing changed...under nvme configuration i can see the 2 disks, but under create raid volume i got a "no disks available"

dingo99
Level 10
DOOMy wrote:

2 x SAMSUNG NVMe 960 EVO sitting on DIMM.2-Card

RAID is a PCH chipset feature. DIMM.2 is connected directly to the CPU. You need to use the M.2 slots connected to the PCH.

DOOMy
Level 7
Jepp...found the same: On my M9A it worked, because DIMM.2 was connected to the PCH. On the M11E the DIMM.2 is connected to the CPU - so no RAID!

THX for all your help!!!