cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rampage IV GENE Q's

Myranda
Level 7
Howdy y'all

I'm wanting to put together as small a gaming rig as I can and so the R-IV-GENE seems a pretty good choice... but I can't find out two pieces of possibly trivial ( 😉 ) info on the board.

When will it be available in the UK?
I have found mention of new a BIOS and people saying the have them, but can't find anywhere selling them...

How much is it in the UK?
As I've not found anyone selling them either as an order or pre-order I've also not seen a price... perhaps there wont be accurate pricing available yet if it's not released, but ASUS and ROG will know how much the boards cost, what the packaging costs are and how much it cost to develop and market so they will already have an RRP for it.

Does it come with (or is it possible to get seperately) one of those OC Key do-hickeys that plug into the DVI socket to show things like tweaking and monitoring of OC stuffs?

Thanks
8 REPLIES 8

HiVizMan
Level 40
There are none in the UK as far as I know.

How urgent is your need to build a system?
To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.

Semi-urgent I suppose.

My computer is dead, only have a decrepid laptop remaining... but I'm incredibly OCD and so have to plan everything, checking manufacturers sites for compatability... checking reviews... etc. Hence only semi-urgent 🙂

None in the UK as in they're not released here yet, or not going to be?

UltraNEO_
Level 11
You can try this company... http://bit.ly/yhh7xC

They have it enlisted for £233.02 (£194.18 excluding VAT) and claim to have have 23 in stock!!
ASUS ROG RVIE Encore| i9-10940x | Dominator Platinum 128GB 3333 MHz | EVGA RTX 2080 Ti SLI | Samsung 970 Pro 1TB NVMe (x3)
WD Black 4TB | WD Black 6TB x2 | EVGA 1600 P2 | CaseLabs SMA8 | Custom Water Cooling | HWLabs Black Ice Nemesis GTX 560
XSPC RX 480 v3 | XSPC D5 Vario x2 | EK Blocks | EK-RES X3 400 | BitsPower Fittings | GentleTypoon 1850 x12 | Corsair SP140 x8 | Lamptron CM615

Twitch.tv/MsNikita | Twitter.com/MsNikitaTV | Instagram.com/MsNikitaTV | Reddit.com/r/MsNikitaTV

UltraNEO* wrote:
You can try this company... http://bit.ly/yhh7xC

They have it enlisted for £233.02 (£194.18 excluding VAT) and claim to have have 23 in stock!!

Ooh, good find! Bing and Google didn't find that for me... having been taken in scams before I'm caustious of a website I'd never heard of that has them instock when the bigger sites don't even list a pre-order... but trustpilot.co.uk reviews seem to paint a picture of a company with less than awesome customer service who use less than awesome parts in thier builds, but it shows they DO ship out components...

Hmm.

And the price will be a good guide (and if the Maximus IV Gene is £140 from ebuyer then £233 sounds like a realistic price I guess)

HiVizMan
Level 40
I can rate Ginger6 quite positively by the way as I have bought from them in the past.
To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.

HiVizMan wrote:
I can rate Ginger6 quite positively by the way as I have bought from them in the past.

Well, you're a person (unless ROG are in the habbit of letting bots be mods...) and trustpilot has enough reviews that I think many of them will be persons... so I'm sold on them being a real company. 🙂

Anyone know about the other question though? If the OC Key will be available for it? Logically if it plugs into a graphics card it would stand to reason that as long as the software function can be supported by the board it should work, which would make on-the-fly overclocking easier.

Necrosan
Level 12
It requires a separate plug on the motherboard also.
Won't work with the GENE as the header simply is not there. Rampage IV Extreme only.
MB: ASUS Rampage IV Black Edition
CPU: Intel Xeon E5-2697 v2 (Cooled by Corsair H100i w/ Noctua NF-F12 fans)
RAM: 64GB G.SKILL RipjawsZ 1600 (10-10-10-30)
GPU: EVGA GeForce GTX Titan X Hybrid
TV Tuners: 2 * Hauppauge HVR-1800
Case: CoolerMaster Cosmos 2

HiVizMan
Level 40
Nope

The OC Key needs to be connected to the RIVE motherboard and the OC Key at the same time. Using a special port that was built in to the RIVE board specifically for the OC Key.

yeah they are quite helpful and really proud of their customer service, Hell I hope that statement does not come back to bight me in the arse.