cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sonic Studio III and routing applications

sutex
Level 7
Evey time I 'setup' Sonic Studio on my Maximus X MB, ie; games to "gaming" Voice attack to "communication", and close the application, then reopen it , all the settings have defaulted to "Music" !

Does this software work ?
9 REPLIES 9

XYchromosone
Level 10
try setting up the individual games and then before closing Sonic Studio load the game that you've configured just until they are ready to play, maybe even play the game for a few seconds. Then close the game and if you have more than one game configured in SS do the same with the next game. Then see if the settings stick in SS after closing and reopening SS.

ardennguyen
Level 7
I am on ROG Strix SCAR II and got this issue after the most recent Sonic Studio III update (via Windows Store) as well. Set the routings, play games and open apps; close SS3 and reopen, everything reset back to "Music" mode...

liakou
Level 7
It's because SS3 UAD app is still broken ever since release. Every time they update it to fix one thing, something else gets broken. It appears it's gonna be a while till this app works as intented. In the meantime the desktop app of SS3 works fine in combination with Realtek's HDA drivers. If you wanna keep using the UAD drivers then you gotta live with the problems of the SS3 UAD until it gets fixed eventually.

MoKiChU
Level 40
Hi,

The issue does not come from Sonic Studio III, but comes from Drivers/SoftwareComponent Drivers.

The issue is fixed on these drivers :

- Realtek HD Audio Drivers (UAD - ASUS Nahimic) - Last version [18/12/2018] :
----Drivers : 6.0.1.8597 WHQL
----SS3 Extension Drivers : 1.1.3.54788 WHQL
----NH3/SS3 APO SoftwareComponent Drivers : 1.2.3.0 WHQL

For download & install/update tutorials, you can use this thread : https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?105341-DRIVERS-Realtek-HD-Audio-(UAD)

MoKiChU wrote:
Hi,

The issue does not come from Sonic Studio III, but comes from Drivers/SoftwareComponent Drivers.

The issue is fixed on these drivers :

- Realtek HD Audio Drivers (UAD - ASUS Nahimic) - Last version [18/12/2018] :
----Drivers : 6.0.1.8597 WHQL
----SS3 Extension Drivers : 1.1.3.54788 WHQL
----NH3/SS3 APO SoftwareComponent Drivers : 1.2.3.0 WHQL

For download & install/update tutorials, you can use this thread : https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?105341-DRIVERS-Realtek-HD-Audio-(UAD)

Hey there,

love the work you are doing, but I doubt that is the case as I have tested it multiple times on my C7H and it always resets (I have done clean installs with the new driver and the application manager profiles reset to musice when reopening it ever since this new version of sonic studio)

sutex
Level 7
So does the Drivers : 6.0.1.8597 WHQL fixed it ?

sutex wrote:
So does the Drivers : 6.0.1.8597 WHQL fixed it ?

No, at least on my GL504GS with HM370 mobo. Effects are OK but the routing list still got reset when you reopen SS3 app...

MoKiChU
Level 40
Hi,

Sorry for giving you false hope, but the problem is only solved for some ROG motherboards/laptops, but not for all.

MoKiChU wrote:
Hi,

Sorry for giving you false hope, but the problem is only solved for some ROG motherboards/laptops, but not for all.

I even had zero sound even though everything installed just fine (UAD driver + Nahimic) on 8597 + 1.2.3.0. I went back to 8544 + 1.1.7.0, sounds OK, effects OK but it's not saved after every restart of SS3 app... So I think this is SS3 UAD app issue not the driver...