cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asus Maximus IX Formula Q-Code "CC"

SeanHaney
Level 7
Have been having some problems with simply moving a 2+ year old awesome build into a new case, and replacing my CPU WC option from the AIO A240 to EKWB's D5 pump, SE420 rad, and the Supremacy CPU block. I have a i7-7700k that has been running at 4.944gHz for the longest time with the 1301 BIOS set just on XMP, and easy tune option for watercooling. Nary an issue at all (except with the Aura issue I've posted here elsewhere, which was never an issue until I installed the AURA software). This latest build is prolly #6 or #7 for me. New case is a EVGA DG-87, from a Thermaltake Level 10 GT Snow, and I upgraded the PSU froma XFX Pro750W to the EVGA 850P2.

First startup and ever since then, I've got q-codes of "CC" and "55". Tried all of the switching around my Vengeance 2x8gb sticks, which were already in A2/B2. Spend a whole day troubleshooting it, and decided to reseat the i7-7700kand WC block- only backing off the tightness. Found a few minor bent pins, straightened them as best I could, and spent another day monkeying around with it. Finally decided the pin issue seemed to be the problem, so against all my instincts for an upgrade that would have cost me $1100 (new M11F and I9-9900k) I decided to grab a "new" M9F off eBay for $325 that will be here Friday (not too impressed with the reviews on Newegg on the M11F- very disappointing, and it's $450!!!). My i7-7700k has done a great job of handling my only game- Prepar3D Flight Sim.

So, either I made the cardinal mistake of re-inserting the CPU incorrectly, or the mistake of tightening down the Supremacy down too tight (which EKWB states to equally tighten until thumb screws bottom, which I thought I learned that lesson with my old M6F when I bought the EKWB A240 Kit). I'm also wondering if trying to insert the soft tubing onto the CPU block while it was installed was a bad idea- next I will affix tubing to it before mounting the block. I've got a message into EKWB to confirm the tightening of it and to attempt to get some better insight than their manual (plus, to see if they can replace the SPC60 pump that developed leaks on the output port after 15 months and no changes).

I guess my biggest question after pouring over the net (most posts in OC and ROG here) for 3 days now, is: WHY IN THE HECK IS THERE NO EXPLANATION OR DESCRIPTION FOR THE "CC" Q-CODE- ANYWHERE?!?!?! Some Asus engineer had to program that into what I'm assuming is the BIOS or firmware, but I can't find ONE official response to explain what it means! and it seems to be primarily (if not exclusively) on Asus boards- Heros and Formulas. I sure would like to get some insight on this code before I start all over again- could it be from the socket, or the CPU, or even my RAM? I'm going to be real pizzed off if the MB isn't the culprit (fingers crossed!).

Any of the Asus folks care to try to give me an idea of what that code is? Everyone seems focused on the 55 code, but the CC is the one that has me perplexed to understand any problems I'm not aware of. I'd hate to find MB replacement now shows the the CPU or the RAM is now defective!

Thanks inadvance for any insight!
2 REPLIES 2

SeanHaney
Level 7
Got the new motherboard, and it works fantastic. All is fine now, but still waiting for answer from eVGA and someone from Asus to clarify the "CC" q-code.

SeanHaney wrote:
Got the new motherboard, and it works fantastic. All is fine now, but still waiting for answer from eVGA and someone from Asus to clarify the "CC" q-code.

There isn't anyone who can shed some light on this code???!!